I have to say I look GORGEOUS!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Colleen

I have to say I look GORGEOUS!!!

Post by Colleen » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks so much to Karen, Jen, and Cupcake. Since I started using the foundation my skin has started clearing up. I had a little monthly surprise this morning which came as a shock since I have stopped using my acne cream and my skin looks beautiful. I have always been breaking out a little bit right before. Also thanks to Cupcake I bought the flat top brush. That brush is a super star of brushes. It was worth every penny. I just placed an order for some of the skin care items, I am sure I will love them as well. I just had to let you know how much I am loving your products and how wonderful they are for my skin.
KingTaco

Re: I have to say I look GORGEOUS!!!

Post by KingTaco » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:00 pm

wow, what an endorsement! congratulations.
Foundation mix: 8:1 Heavy:Buttery Gold
All purpose mix: 7:1.5 Ivory:Buttery Gold
Diana

Post by Diana » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Colleen: I will definitely have to add the brush to my wishlist for after the holidays. I am so happy to hear that your skin is no longer breaking out. Please post about the skin care products when you get them. I love hearing what works for everyone.
Diana
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Yay! Very chuffed for you, that's brilliant. I wish I could mail out on loan my brush so that people could see and feel how lovely it is, but I'd never get it back again! ;) It makes such a difference to the application, but I believe it's also gentler on your skin surface and causing less 'wear and tear' (which leads to premature ageing). Either way, I'm really glad that you found it to be worthwhile and that it'll help you get the best out of your SN foundation.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Yay, Colleen, that's awesome news! And which flat top is that? The long or the short one? I've been using the short with success, but I'm open for changes :)
AnneShirley

Post by AnneShirley » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Congratulations Colleen! That's so wonderful to hear that your skin is doing so well with your the SN foundation. What are you wearing by the way? How does your SN FT compare to EDM's. Just curious. The only SN brush I have so far is the fiber optic one and I used that to apply EDM's PMUP all over to tone down redness.
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:14 pm

*waves* Hi Colleen!

I'm so glad SN is being so kind to your skin! I have a feeling I'll long be out of my samples by the time I get to open my full-size Christmas present order, and will have to switch back to EDM in the meantime. Boo. But I hope that some time next month I'll be able to come back with the same kind of glowing review about my skin clearing up.

And I didn't realize I needed a new brush, but after your rave I realize that I just might need it after all.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks ladies. Let's see if I can answer everyone's questions in one post.

The flat top I am using is the long handled one here
http://www.silknaturals.com/creb/produc ... ucts_id=86
It's more expensive than I am used to but so worth it. I really didn't like the edm flat top since it pulled my skin. I was using the lhk, but this is so much better.

I was using a mix of heavy foundation, yesterday I threw in a scoop of glow. Today I threw my left overs of vegan and medium into it. I think it's the silk that is helping my skin so much. Also I think there might have been something with the edm that was causing some of the break outs.

Christine, I am getting some silk naturals for Christmas as well. I ordered the summer lovin' kit today for my Christmas present and I think I will do the mystery adventure club as a Christmas present. I really couldn't think of anything else I wanted at the moment.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Cupcake wrote:Yay! Very chuffed for you, that's brilliant. I wish I could mail out on loan my brush so that people could see and feel how lovely it is, but I'd never get it back again! ;) It makes such a difference to the application, but I believe it's also gentler on your skin surface and causing less 'wear and tear' (which leads to premature ageing). Either way, I'm really glad that you found it to be worthwhile and that it'll help you get the best out of your SN foundation.
I do really appreciate your encouragement on the brush. It is fab. My skin looks more like great skin instead of like I am wearing makeup. I'm not sure how it does it, but it does a great job.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm so glad that it's working for you, mate. I hope you keep finding that your skin gets better and more comfortable. I have a nagging feeling that I ought to say by way of a kindly "just incase" warning that I - and I know of others - had a bad purge breakout shortly after switching from EDM to SN foundation. I'm convinced that the gentler touch and better quality minerals gave my skin 'breathing space' and a chance to flush out all the coarser, impacted EDM minerals which those harsher brushes buffed into my pores. I had about a month when I was all red and icky. In that time, I just dusted silk powder as I saw how healing that is (another long story). Once my skin cleared up, it stayed clearer and less oily. Once the SN skincare came along and I could balance my hydration with those wonderful serums, I've had the best skin since childhood. I thought I was happy enough before SN, but my skin *loves* this brand - and so do I :lol: