Member Introductions

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Member Introductions

Post by JenW » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:39 pm

Hello! We have now been up for almost a week. I really wanted to welcome you all here myself. I am JenW and I 'recognize' many of you from elsewhere. I am from Central US and my HG products are the Perfecting Powders (all three!) and the Kisser Slickers. I really like most of Karen's products, but these two have become non-negotiables and I do not ever want to be with out them. I discovered Silk Naturals when reading reviews on a search for a new finishing powder. It is interesting to me that the more of Karen's products I try, the more of my 'other' favorites are replaced (by SN!!!)

I don't want to invade anyone's privacy, but please introduce yourself (by username is fine!!) Maybe let us know of your favorite product(s) and how you found Silk Naturals.

I am looking forward to 'meeting' you!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Nicole

Re: Member Introductions

Post by Nicole » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi,

I'm Nicole, 23 years old and from Germany. I received Boom (e/s) in a swap package all the way from Malaysia! I liked it, highly pigmented and stayed on ALL day. There were so many other samples to check out though, so I never went to have a look at Karen's site until my friend gave me a gloss she had tired of. Birthday suit. Perfect mlbb color, yet it was too pink on her/for her liking. I don't have a whole lot of Karen's products yet, but so far I'm loving wink wink & vanilla e/s, date bait & perfecting powder (mixed 1:3), climax & jamie blush and the glosses I have: birthday suit and skinny dip. The glosses are the best I have ever had by far. Yesterday I was wearing my date bait/perfecting powder mix and about 5 people complimented me on my "great skin". My mom looked at me in disbelief and asked what I was doing as she couldn't see ANY pore, yet it didn't look as if I was wearing makeup. Haha, yes that's the look I'm going for :D

Also I don't know if Karen has "connections" or lives in a post office, but my two orders arrived here in less than a week (5 days) ... record for mail from the US to Germany :D
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:43 pm

[img][color=#400080 Hi! I'm 'mikie' (hubby's name is michael,lol) & we live in NY state. Non-negotiables for me are also DateBait & KisserSlickers...I want DaitBait in several colors ;) ~ until then I use it along with other finishers at the same time. FAVORITES of the KS<hey, Karen's intials ;) are Breathless, Darling, Foreplay, Hot Blooded, though I have & use many more. SN e/s rocks, & Truffle is a great brow color for me.

This is our Abie Baby :D ~ wonderful friendly little boy found abandoned in the woods ~ he's a great little cat!

mikie[/color][/img]
Attachments
6k mikie.jpg
6k mikie.jpg (6.66 KiB) Viewed 6845 times
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
deepix

Post by deepix » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:55 am

Hihi all~ I'm from Malaysia though I'm currently living in Australia. I found out about SN during one of my massive MMU search through Google & reading ppl's blogs. My colleagues in Singapore introduced me to MMU and i went searching n browsing through every MMU brand I can find. And den i found SN~ I must say it was kinda lucky for me, coz wen i got the foundations it really worked well with my skin and so i'm not bothered to try any other.Went through a week of adjusting the foundation recipe though.1-3 white scoop per day. Lol!I love Date Bait because I've got a warm-ish light-med skin. I thk Perfecting Powder makes me look too perfect coz it gv my skin a porcelain-ish glow.I haven't yet gotten the Love Lure and I'm looking fwd to getting it soon. Oh and so far i absolutely love the lippies. It's so nice to use 'em coz i feel it's like a tinted lipbalm with juz the right colours to suit my mood. So far I have managed to get my cousins, frens and colleagues to trying SN.So they've all ordered n waiting for their shipment to arrive.But at the same time they're happily taking a scoop or two out of my date bait jar & foundation...lol!
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi, I'm tizzylou81050, actually my real name is Hollis and I live in a small town in rural Colorado, no quick trips to those famous Rocky Mountains for me. I found SN by reading JenW's comments on another MMM board. I ordered the foundation samples, and samples of a couple of blushes and eyeshadows, and the ever famous BS lippie, I am totally in love with these products, but my absolute must haves are dait bait, and most recently Skinny Dip lippie, and Bassalt as eyeliner. I wear a 1:6 ratio of ebony/base, and usually add just a very little warm gold. I haven't found my perfect match using the warm gold/base yet, but need a little yellow to look alive, and the ebony /white is a little pink for me, esp as it warms up and I get a little bit of color.
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Rubycat (aka Susan), from upstate NY (*waves* to Mikie!) and I cannot remember how I found SN, but boy, am I glad I did! HG's for me are the Perfecting Powders (ALL!); Lippies in BD Suit, Pout, Gold Blush, Breathless and Skinny Dip; and the foundation is wonderful (I wear 8-9 scoops base to 1 scoop buttery gold). I also love Vanilla and Truffle e/s.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi all

I'm Ghost - my real name is Sarah and I live in a small(ish) town in England.

Even though I'm 25 I have never really worn make up before becuase my skin is soooo pale (british blue eyed redhead all the way) and I could NEVER find one that matched my skin tone. I either look too orange or too pale.

I saw the advert (commercial) for Sheer cover - yes I bet you all know what that is. Not only would I have to pay for a supply every month whether I wanted to or not and I don't trust those adverts. But I did like the idea of Mineral foundation, so I searched ebay and found Silk Naturals. The idea of customising my own foundation to MY skin tone was a gift from the heavens.

Well straight away I ordered the deluxe starter kit, one for me and one for mum. That was 6 months ago and I've never looked back. Now I have all the Kisser Slicker (except ashley and damels), I have between 24-30 eyeshadow shades, still using climax from the starter kit - need to buy a new one soon. Brought the the ultimate eyeshadow brush, the travel kit brushes and Angel glow.

My fav Kisser slickers are breathless, toffee, infatuation, foreplay (yum) and skinny dip. My fav eyeshadows are idolize, cashmere, lurid, scallap pink, beach plum and the stonewashed pallet. Foundation mix is 1:8 ratio - sometimes even more ivory depending on mood.

I love silk naturals, I'm alway visiting the site to see whats new and now the forum. I won't use anything else and I really love that its almost $2 to the £1 so all my stuff is half price - woohoo

And I think Nicola is right, Karen must have connection at the post office. Mine gets here within 5 days
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:44 pm

Hello! I'm Samantha (hi Jen! I recognize you from "around" too! :D ) I am 21 years old and am finishing my last year of college in Southern Illinois (Fashion Design and Jewelry/metals) I rent an apt with my absolutely wonderful boyfriend of 3 1/2 years and our "baby" an adorable 1 1/2 year old mutt named honey (we THINK she's half jack russel and half carolina dog/american dingo- we think...)

I was really never happy with makeup or skincare until i went all natural and silk naturals has played a large part in my addiction. I love almost all SN products but have been particularly addicted to the blushes and lippies. I also wear SN shadows almost everyday and am so happy Karen and SN introduced me to the ultimate eyeshadow brush (lining became so much easier) I jumped into SN around the same time as Jen- right before the big "BOOM" and SN's great expansion- it was a great experience getting to SEE a company skyrocket and it's easy to see why it's still growing! I feel like SN understands the importance of quality, wearability, and price control. Trully an amazing company which will always be one of my fav.s!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
short_skirts

Post by short_skirts » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:04 am

I'm Jenn, and I'm in Eastern Canada. I read about SN on another forum, and popped by one day to check it out. The MAC clones are what caught my attention, as I'd always wanted to try the MAC version of Boom, but was too cheap! Anyways...I purchased several of the clones, as well as a lip gloss, and a finishing powder, after reading how great it was. I put my second order in a week later (full of e/s and lip glosses!), and am already planning my third. Trying to wait for the second to get here, so I know what foundation colours to order, but it's hard! I also have the ultimate e/s brush in my cart...I'm having a hard time waiting! Anyways...I'm loving SN, and think it's great that you have the forum!

I'm thrilled to read about the fast shipping, because I'm impatiently waiting for my order! LOL!

~Jenn
Ann

Post by Ann » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi everyone!

my name is Ann and i'm from Singapore. silk naturals is one of my first few tries and i've kept going back for more ever since. i absolutely love the kiss slickers (i'm aiming to own the whole collection) and my hubby loves to steal kisses when i wear them too!

SN will always have this spot in my shopaholic heart where i know everything from there is fantastic and i've got no worries trying them out in full sizes.