Happy Independence Day!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
JenW

Happy Independence Day!

Post by JenW » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Have a safe and happy 4th those in the US.

To our friends elsewhere, have a great weekend!!! :D
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Re: Happy Independence Day!

Post by Rhys » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Happy and safe holidays, barbeques, and fireworks to all the Americans!

(And we need a fireworks smilie in here :) )
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:27 am

I got absolutely ROASTED sunburnt today (I forgot to flip over) and I was all applying aloe and coconut oil and feeling like a moron for neglecting the sunscreen... but my DH said he had "a surprise" for me. I was like, WTF I am NOT in the mood for a surprise right now. I am burnt as bacon. But the surprise was huge fireworks he picked up on the way home from work today. Super fun!! Hope everyone has fun tomorrow and that we all make it to July 5th with our limbs intact.

Happy pyrotechnics!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:36 am

Happy 4th of July!!!

We don't do firecrackers anymore because it scares the dogs and you're not allowed to set off BIG personal fireworks in PA (though sometimes we do out in the boonies anyway). It rained all night so it is wet Wet WET out there today anyhow. I like the ground bloomers, I might have to go buy a pack of ground bloomers... of course one did fly up on the roof once and that could have been bad... :D
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:09 pm

We used to go to PA to get the ground bloomers, little tanks, chinese lanterns and those black snake thingies- no such luck finding them in NY, the best we can get here is sparklers. We're going to our camper tonight, and then on to Ottawa tomorrow! I can't wait- it's our annual trip to Ikea and the MAC pro store.

Have a wonderful safe 4th of July weekend!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:21 pm

HAPPY 4TH JULY TO EVERYONE IN THE USA
From UK

Enjoy your weekend guys. Hope the weathers good for the BBQ's and Fireworks
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:25 pm

lol- those black snake thingies were "THE" coolest as a kid weren't they? it was just so much fun to watch them grow. We can get geysers and stuff but i think the ground bloomers are the most fun to watch on the ground (for those who don't know, a ground bloomer is a firecracker about the size and shape of a tube of chapstick- maybe a little bigger- when you light it, the whole thing blazes and vibrates so it jumps around madly and changes color while it's flipping and spinning)

I never thought about it but i guess it would be harder to get firecrackers in a city, huh? they're a much bigger hazard that way. The firemen in our area had a carnival about a week ago and they set off the big fireworks at a park about 1 mile from my house so i could stand in my front yard and watch them. Tonight the city should set them off on City Island (in the river) near the capital (about 10 minutes or 5 miles away) and sometimes i can see those from my house but not always. I can hear them though.

Our neighbors have been setting off firecrackers for a month, driving the dogs nuts. No bottle rockets yet though.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Hope everyone is having a safe and Happy 4th. I'm headed to friends who live outside the city limits so I can watch the annual fireworks display from their front porch. Thne home to bed, as we are going to the lake tommorrow for a day in the sun and on the water. I think I hear a Jet Ski calling my name. I've already packed the sunblock, so hopefully won't end up looking like a lobster.

Hollis