Could use any spare good vibes!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
superwahz

Could use any spare good vibes!

Post by superwahz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:07 am

Any spare good vibes sent in our direction would be appreciated right now. Well, more specifically, my dog Kanani's direction! Last week she went in for a routine teeth cleaning with a new vet and while doing the procedure the vet called to ask about the lump on her hip. She's had it for years but her last vet said it was nothing but the average benign fatty tumor most dogs get. This new vet said she didn't think it felt right for that and advised we have it removed while she was already out for the teeth cleaning, to avoid having to sedate her if it became a problem later on...and that we could send it off to the lab to be analyzed.

We got the report back today, turns out it's cancer :cry: She has a grade 2 mast cell tumor. It came back with clean margins (meaning hopefully the entire malignancy was removed in the surgery), but because it was rather large and deep, they want us to look into having ultrasounds of her abdomen and a biopsy of her lymph nodes to check if it's spread. *sighs* She's just 9 years old, I told her she has to live to be 20, so this can only be a tiny bump in the road! :P

I really believe she's going to be okay, but we need all the good energy we can get as we decide the best next steps in dealing with this. I figured with all the pet lovers here, you all would happily send some good vibes her way!

Thanks in advance!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
feyith

Re: Could use any spare good vibes!

Post by feyith » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:08 am

:(
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:24 am

Good vibes sent. Pet Kanani for me.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:27 am

sending good vibes your way. Crossing my fingers it was all in the tumor.

I told my dog she has to live to 20 too :) I told her if my childhood dog lived to be 16 in an outdoor doghouse on cheap dogfood and tablscraps than with her cushy house life, fenced in yard, and an egg every morning, she owes me at least 20! Both were/are medium sized mutts- i think that gives them an edge. ;)

I love furbabies, so lots of love and positive thinking coming Kanani's way!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 am

Oooh poor baby. Give her a snuggle for me. Suzy had a lump too, and the Vet said only about 10% of tumors spread in dogs. We're sending good vibes your way.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
nfig

Post by nfig » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 am

Sending good vibes!
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 am

I sending them, too!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 am

I'm sending you happy thoughts and hugs! I have a cat who is about 16 (shelter kitty, so exact age is a guess!) and he is diabetic. Insulin shots, twice a day. He's worth it. I understand pet-love!!! :D
~Tracy~
JenK

Post by JenK » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:35 am

Sending Good Vibes!!!
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Aww you guys, thanks so much! What a nice thread to brighten my day! We feel the love :D I've passed on all the pets and snuggles...now she wants me to go curl up on the couch with her. She's not a fan of computers...take too much time away from more important things. I love how pets remind us to live in the NOW!

Xarata- She's a medium sized "mutt" too, a shelter puppy, I think they are often heartier than other dogs because they have less chance of some genetic illnesses purebreds deal with. All my friends want to reincarnate as a dog and live with me because they'd have such a cushy life! 2 walks a day, I cook all her food (she eats grain free), beds, toys, a well padded crate for naps, plus sleeps with us at night. Wow, come to think of it, I think I want to come back as my own dog! :lol:

Karen- I hope Suzy has seen the last of her lump too! My sister's bull terrier mix has numerous lumps all over his body, big and small...now she's fretting over getting them checked to make sure he's okay. I've read some breeds are much more prone to them, though thankfully, if removed properly,the changes it'll reoccur is pretty low (at least in that spot).

Zooeyblue- Wow, that does take some love and dedication! Though I bet he gives back more than enough to repay your watchful care of him. 16 is a good many years for a cat, you must be one special person for him to choose to live with you for so long. Cats are very picky about their owners!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell