am i alone?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
egerandi

Re: am i alone?

Post by egerandi » Sat May 22, 2010 3:43 pm

So true, Karen! I am not that other person, I am ME. Everybody has their own baseline to compare happiness to. Sometimes I envy college kids because they barely make any money, but they also have less stuff to worry about. I aspire to have nice things in my life too, but I prefer being comfortable within my means, because that's what happiness is for me. The more you own, the more you can lose, life is not a constant. I take care of my health and my body in a way that suits me the most, and pity people spending way too much on hyped up stuff that I can make from ingredients in my fridge.

I could ramble on and on, but the fact is, you have to compare yourself to yourself and judge by your own evolution. Those other women may *look* like a million bucks (and to hell with having to maintain that AND have a meaningful life), but the $4.50 lipgloss makes me feel like a genius: I got better stuff for way less, suckas!

To the OP: you sound like you're in a much better place in your life where you used to be, and it will keep getting better, because you know where you want to be, and you have a support group :)
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat May 22, 2010 4:43 pm

booboo wrote:I wondered if anyone else here was like me, feeling that I need to waer makeup bc I have v low self esteem & lack of confindence. I think people will juge me better if i wear makeup.
I feel like that too, but the older I am getting I realize more and more (work in progress though, lol :lol: )
I really shouldn`t let someone elses insecurity and opinions about people not wearing a full spackled on face - dictate how I am as a person or how my selfasteem is like when I am wearing make up. And when I am not wearing any.

So I love (LOVE) to have fun with my makeup when I put it on, and I feel great with it on (high quality make up tend to doooo that, lol) because I have bad health issues and those are never going to go away, BUT wearing makeup makes me feel pretty, and a littlebit better when I look in the mirror and aren`t seing my usual grey self with a face with dark cirkles under my eyes because of sleepdeprivation and pain.
It makes me feel a littlebit more "average" if you will, that I feel like I also deserve to play with makeup and have fun with it, even if I have to stay home because I can`t go anywhere...

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through booboo :cry:
And the fact that you have been able to pick yourself up after your experience as a child, now raising a child on your own, and being a wonderfull mother for your child really tells me heeeeaps about your caracter and strength, even though you yourself doesn`t see it yourself right now.. ;)

I understand the self esteem problem having a history like that, struggling with depression and anxiety. It helps to surround yourself with people that builds you UP, even if it mean having less friends...that is at least how I feel :)

I wish you the very best in searching for something that can help you, you have had many great suggestiones:)
Good luck!
And remember you are not alone, we all have our insecuritys to deal with, and we have our listening ears on :D

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 am

I really don't like to go out in public without makeup. That includes being around my husband and kids. I feel better about myself when I do my makeup. I am fine with not doing much to my hair though if I need to get done fast.