Gumball Lippie Discussion Thread

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
royalgoddessbeth

Gumball Lippie Discussion Thread

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:55 am

Have you received your gumballs yet? Chat about them here!

My favorite is St. Tropez. Love the color, love liquid lip formulas!

Barcelona is a good color- I'm surprised I'll be able to wear it. No review yet on whether it plumps, but- I've already got very full lips. (I'll never need collagen injections!)

I really love the Tahitian Vanilla balm. Excellent for moisturizing and protection before bed, and the waxier texture helps it stay longer.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
Annika

Re: Gumball Lippie Discussion Thread

Post by Annika » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Love love love St Tropez!! Love the texture, the light nude pink is gorgeous!
Barcelona - somehow I managed to order two. Thank goodness that I really like the color!
Barcelona
Barcelona
Bild 2010-06-10 kl. 18.34 #2.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
Can't really say whether or not the plumping works, but I love the shimmer and the color is soft enough for daytime yet if you put on another layer it totally works at night as well. A perfect summer coral!
1 Olive : 14 Ivory (original) + a smidge of Buttery Gold
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:55 pm

I love the color of Stockholm, usually I don't like the sheer ones as much, but this still shows up and is super pretty! And if it was less sheer it would probably be too dark for me. I'm not sure on the formula though, maybe its the plumping in it, but it feels kind of sticky and less moisturizing....

St.Tropez is a pretty pink, kind of mlbb color. It is really nice for a liquid gloss, non sticky and creamy. I do still prefer non-liquid though. I might be weird but liquid glosses feel too wet on my lips or something, I like the stick lipppies, those just feel like a lip balm... so comfortable.

I still have to test out Barcelona and the clear balm.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Oxana, Stockholm isn't the plumping one, Barcelona is. But they all contain that a new oil, I believe.

I need to spend some time with my gumball lip glosses. They arrived yesterday, but I was out at a scouting BBQ last night, and then had my older son's eighth grade promotion today, so I haven't had time to really try them on and see how I like the colors. The texture of the butter cream ones did feel nice when I quickly swatched them before running out of the house last night.

I missed out on St. Tropez, and I am very bummed. I hope it comes out as a regular item very soon!

I did use the Tahitian Vanilla lip balm last night before I went to bed and it was still on my lips this morning. I definitely like it!
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I am sooo bummed. I missed out on all the gumballs since we were so broke last week. Now this week I could scrape together enough for St. Tropez and Barcelona since they are the ones I wanted, but of course they are gone. Any idea when or if Karen is going to release the new liquid lippie collection?
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 am

I have now tried all three lip glosses, and I love them. St Tropez is a perfect color, but it stings me a tiny bit, but so does Modern Poet, I dunno what is different in them. It's not deal breaker, just sayin. Barcelona is so lovely and pinky. And today I've got Stockholm on with a teal eye shadow that kinda looks like 5th Ave and some gold eye liner. It's prretttyyy. I love, lov, love the texture of the butter cream formula.
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 pm

I Have tried all the gumballs. I can say I LOVE the feel of them all! Esp. The liquid wand. The only CON for me is the colors :( I know this might be Contrary to what most women are saying, and it's great that they are working for some(PINK and REDs don't work for everyone). BUT I feel like we NEED some colors for tan/dark women too! I would really love to see a brown lip gloss. And more matte/little bit sparkle or Opaque color PLEASE! I know this is just my opinion. Sincerely, Rose

ETA: Even Skinny dip which is the brownest lippie on the site looks pink on me!
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Did you try Iced Mocha?
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:24 pm

ladycattat wrote:Did you try Iced Mocha?
Was going to buy it....then read it had carimine in it :?
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:51 pm

I LOVE Stockholm!!! I didn't try the other two, but Stockholm and the Tahitian Vanilla Balm are both fab. I hope Stockholm becomes permanent.