Lilychemgirl, MSc(Hons)

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
zeebs

Re: Lilychemgirl, MSc(Hons)

Post by zeebs » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Yay!!! Congratulations!
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Congratulations. I first hand how hard it is to go to school and be a full time wife and mother, so you deserve to place your copy in a very prominent spot in your house and show it off.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:20 am

Aw thanks everyone, you are all so nice :oops: I haven't actually been feeling that good about it because it took me so long to finish, but I guess I need to remember that most people don't have 2 kids during the course of their postgrad studies (not the best decision as far as my education was concerned, but my best decision ever in other ways! ♥).

Sewwies, I think I actually forgot to congratulate you on your thread, how rude is that :oops: I will run over and do it now ;)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:35 am

Congrats!!!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:48 am

that is so coool Lilychemgirl

you should be so proud of yourself :D
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 am

lilychemgirl wrote:I haven't actually been feeling that good about it because it took me so long to finish, but I guess I need to remember that most people don't have 2 kids during the course of their postgrad studies (not the best decision as far as my education was concerned, but my best decision ever in other ways! ♥).
Perfectionist much? :lol: I don't know about you, but my perfectionist streak gets so focused on following the letter of my plan/timeline that I kick myself for not finishing on time instead of focusing on the end result. I have to remember that in life the unexpected detours that delay my "plans" add such richness to my life or teach me a lesson I wouldn't have otherwise learned...and in the end, they are so worth it. So be proud of your accomplishment!! The fact that you stuck to it this long and actually completed it says far more about you than the time it took to get it done. :D Perseverance is a valuable trait to have.

Or you could look at it this way--we're about the same age, I don't have kids, and I'm nowhere near finishing my degree...I haven't even gotten a good start at it. :oops: Some days I get in a funk and beat up on myself over it, but then I give myself a reality check and remember if I had stuck to my plan, I wouldn't have met my DH, gotten married, or spent 3 years living abroad! I'm more me than I've ever been, and in the end I think that has more value to me right now than a degree would. Life is such a funny thing...
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 am

CONGRATS!!!
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 pm

I am Totally a perfectionist :P
Yeah, life is what happens when you are busy making other plans :) I just had this idea of where I wanted to be when I turned 30 (which is next feb :? ) and I wanted to be working in a 'proper' job (i.e. in my discipline, in a permenant role rather than a short term contract) and to either have or be pregnant with my 3rd child, and that is obviously not going to happen. Having said that, I have done lots of things I wanted to have done by this point, and I certainly wouldn't want to give up my girls (who are just the most wonderful thing in the world) for career advances.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Congratulations Lily! Awesome indeed! Isn't it funny how life sneaks up on us & changes our plans for us? You've got a wonderful life, even if it isn't the one you had planned! :D
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Congratulations!!!