Google listing of usernames

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
feyith

Re: Google listing of usernames

Post by feyith » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 am

What if only the chit-chat forum was users only? Would that make people feel better about their posts while still allowing newbies to look for help?
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 am

I know, I found my megsmakeup profile as well, with the pic! that freaked me out as well. I haven't accesss to my email account so I can go in and delete everything, but that is top of the list to do.
the Canadian in Spain isnt me, hahah! funny though, I thought it might be since I speak spanish and it was just an initial hey, that's me too maybe....but wait, I never lived in Spain!
I didn't realize about the photobucket though, I am changing that now.

actually, the reason I was searching myself was because of the sex thread in chanty's forum. I was about to post a personal bit and thought I'd check first to see if any of my other posts are visable. They weren't but then I saw all the other ones that are. In the end I didnt' post anything on the thread because there is just too much of a chance it can be found. and some things are too personal. So as Jen said, these things are best left out of potentially public areas.

none of my other social site profiles show up, which is a relief. but I am surprised about the megs one. I only ever visited a handful of times, then got bored. But I will be taking care of that info tonight.

anyhow, I'd prefer my details not to show up but since you can't see my email address or anything like that, and I dont have a personal pic in my avatar, I am not overly concerned. but it did make me thing twice about my posts, and indeed, I have the urge to delete them all! I know it is silly but I just don't like the feeling of people able to read my random posts from here. maybe i'll get over that. I bet it's because I am getting old....er at least.

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

I think the Chit Chat section is a good idea......... We might be able to make that no bots and members only, but it is up to Karen.

I still think it is a good idea to be selective on what you post. ;)

Or pick a common username to post on forums that are of a 'delicate' nature, and reference very little about where you are located, and have been.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 am

Yes, the Chat thread and maybe the FOTD/EOTD thread too, so people feel more comfortable posting their photos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com