My turn, in need of good vibes

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
MyLavenderHeart

Re: My turn, in need of good vibes

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Christine, so sorry to hear about this! :(
Rooting for you both and hope it works out soon! :)
I sent you the email I promised btw ;)

ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 am

Still nothing :x Eric has a feeling that the contract isn't really done, that he's just being jerked around right now. Enough time has gone by, that he's just going to bypass the staffing agency at this point and apply directly at the company. He should be able to, since the company is't contractually bound not to hire him, and even if they had a contract, Eric technically isn't an agency employee yet either because he hasn't done any work for them. I'm really stressed right now. I don't know what's going on. After years of fune-tuning and perfecting his resume, I really hope it's not something on there holding him back. I just get so worked up and always blow things out of proportion- as in, no job now = no job ever, and I know that's not a good outlook to have.

MLH- I got your e-mail and I promise I'm not ignoring it. I have some time off coming up, and I'll respond then. I just have no privacy most days to respond :(
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
emmy2410

Post by emmy2410 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 am

HI christine,

so sorry to hear abt this and hope that Eric will find a job soon. Will keep u both in prayer, just hang in there. "NOthing is impossible with God".
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:59 am

Sorry nothing has happened yet :(

And no worries, I never think you are ignoring me ;)
I know how things can be hectic sometimes. Just do it whenever you can, don`t worry :)
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 am

Hi Christine,
That is really tough :( Hope something works out soon.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:07 am

I finally have some good news. The company we were hoping would come through never did, the staffing agency says that they never made a decision to bring anyone in yet. But, the same agency sent him on an interview somewhere else a few days ago. He had to do a psych test and drug test for it, so I'm assuming it's a "for real" job (because these agencies are so good at presenting one-or-two-jobs as temp-to-hire when either they know full well it's just fill-in, or sometimes companies misrepresent it to the agency because otherwise no one would accept it) since they spent the money to do all that. He starts not this Monday but next Monday from 8:00-4:30. I am so relieved it isn't a night shift job, he did night shift for a year and a half before being unemployed, and it was so rough since we technically only had one day a week together. I'm so glad he won't go back to doing that.

I'm so happy that it finally seems like we can start building our lives together now. I had to get a 401K loan to catch everything up and eliminate some smaller bills this past week, but now it looks like as long as this job stays stable, we can pay our big credit card down, elope as planned on 11/11/11, be able to hold the reception a few weeks later like we want to, and I can have my ring set: http://www.etsy.com/listing/52690113/sa ... ne-diamond . We currently stay with my family, and it's looking like we'll have to continue living there at least short-term after being married to save up for a house (we don't want to rent again, plus with my dad being unemployed since December we can continue to be of more financial help to them now), but I'm ok with that. I wasn't so hot on the idea of being married and knowing we'd be stuck there indefinately though.
Last edited by ChristineLynnP on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:18 pm

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!

The ring is perfect!! I love Sapphires!!!
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just realized I made a typo in the topic and it says "turns" instead of "turn." My compulsive side doesn't like that I can't edit this :oops:
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:36 pm

ChristineLynnP wrote:This has nothing to do with anything, but I just realized I made a typo in the topic and it says "turns" instead of "turn." My compulsive side doesn't like that I can't edit this :oops:
I got it for ya! ;)

And thank goodness that Eric found work. :D
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Lol thanks Jen!