My life is never boring...

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
superwahz

Re: My life is never boring...

Post by superwahz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Our claims adjuster called yesterday to tell us the homeowner's insurance sent through a request for them to arrange a service to remove our furniture and store it while they repair the floors....and that we'll be out of the house for an additional 2 to 2 1/2 weeks! :( I just wanna go home! :cry:

So, um, yeah, the traveling continues! We're headed back to Durham for the weekend to check out the house and collect mail the post office has been holding, we figured it was best not to trust them to hold a month's worth of mail! ;) After that, who knows...we've done the mountains, DH wants to check out Charlotte, but if that doesn't work out, maybe the beach? :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
JenK

Post by JenK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:17 pm

Sorry to hear you can't get back in for awhile. GO TO THE BEACH!!!!!! NC beaches are my favorite. You can't go wrong going to Wilmington, town is nice, plus too many beach towns nearby to choose from. I LOVE Hatteras Island!!!! Avon, Buxton, Frisco and Hatteras Village are great to stay in.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Ugh...there is no place like home- and that "neither here nor there" thing gets pretty old. Hugs to you- what a mess!

I totally agree with the Wilmington/Outer banks suggestion. Love it there! Or come north- Maine is lovely and SN is on the way ;) Lipgloss and lobster sounds like a good combo to me!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:22 am

karen wrote:Ugh...there is no place like home- and that "neither here nor there" thing gets pretty old. Hugs to you- what a mess!

I totally agree with the Wilmington/Outer banks suggestion. Love it there! Or come north- Maine is lovely and SN is on the way ;) Lipgloss and lobster sounds like a good combo to me!
Bwahahaha!! Now Karen, how did you know the exact combination of things to lure us north? DH is always lamenting the fact that the seafood restaurants down here just can't compete with the likes of the Northeast! :P Too bad its not as quick a drive for us as the Outer Banks! ;)

I do think we'll head to the beach. The ocean has always soothed me in times of stress, and thanks to a few stops along the way down to and back from Florida earlier in the month, we know Kanani actually LOVES the ocean! I thought the waves would scare her, since she's a bit of a chicken when it comes to loud noises...and water in general. But nope, trotted along the coast like she was an old hand at it! :D Plus, JenK recommended a place out there to me a while back and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. ;)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell