Tea, anyone?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
JenW

Tea, anyone?

Post by JenW » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I am now on a tea kick since the weather is getting a little colder in my area. I have a few that I really like, but am looking for some good recommendations. I am not ready to dive in with all the gear you need to be a true tea officiando, but I may get there someday. I am also not beyond ordering online.

So far, I really like this peppermint flavored decaf green tea that is only available around the holidays. I am not looking for mint as I stocked up on that one last year. I am really wanting to try Celestial Seasonings red tea...or at least the Madagascar Vanilla Red Tea. Another of theirs I am interested in is Tropical Strawberry. I have liked pekoe tea and cinnamon tea in the past. I do find chais a little too spicey for me, at least of late. What should I try?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
zooeyblue

Re: Tea, anyone?

Post by zooeyblue » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:45 pm

My mom and I used to go to a tea room that served a Ginger Peach tea by Republic of Tea. That was my favorite!
~Tracy~
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:08 pm

I really love Traditional Medicinals Teas. They're so good and everything in them is beneficial. I've bought the Herbatussin tea for when I have a cold and I loved it. I've bought the Ginger Tea, it tastes really good with a little honey and warms you right up (literally, aside from the heat Ginger is very warming from the inside), and I also have the Night time blend.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
feyith

Post by feyith » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:10 pm

I am in love with that Celestial Seasonings peppermint green tea. I need to buy like an entire case of them this year.
heidiv23323

Post by heidiv23323 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Hey Jen,
Check your gmail :D If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :D

Have a great weekend,
Heidi :twisted:
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 pm

The entire bigelow teas collection are winners- my personal favorite is the orange spice herbal tea though for some reason it's often hard to find in a one-flavor box of its own.

I haven't met a vanilla tea i haven't liked so definitely give it a whirl.

i drink camellia-rose herbal teas too. I love the taste of the polarity one and found the inside out one to be really great for me skin when its troubled. Unfortunately, her shipping times tend to be really long, but she recently partnered up with Markee at GOW (they're now operating out of 1 building in Arizona I believe and they combine shipping) so if you order from GOW, your camellia-rose order should come with.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 pm

I love any green tea with anything else thrown in. I have a bunch of green teas that are suppose to help with like muscle aches and recovery after working out, and a bunch of other types.

And chamomile, and twig, and mint, and african red bush, and jasmine, and brown rice, and english breakfast...ok apparently all of them :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Anything with Rooibos is excellent. These are my favorites (they're pseudomedicinal): http://www.republicoftea.com/be-well-red-teas/c/1/
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:27 am

Man alive, coming from the country famous for loving tea drinking, I'm reading this thread in awe because we don't have *anything* like that here. Yes, we've got shelves of the famous black teas - darjeeling, english breakfast (of course), earl grey, assam, but anything more exotic than that is hard to find in the UK, even mail order. I only know of about two companies.

We've got chamomile, peppermint and occasionally you might find Twinings teas in a couple other herbal flavours like fennel, or a multi pack of fruity ones. That's it. well, maybe one kind of green tea although that still tastes to me like yesterday's brussels sprouts were boiled in it.

You Americans don't know how blessed you are with the vast amount of things you have available to you. 8-)
stagemama

Post by stagemama » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 am

I started reading this post and had to stop to make a pot of tea. Karen's sister Sarah took me to the Whistling Tea Kettle in Balston Spa NY for lunch. I've never seen so many kinds of tea, and they sell lovely little bags sample bags of tea. The samples are a generous amount for several cups of tea. I took home a catalog, and there is also a website, www.thewhistlingkettle.com.
They do a fine job of packaging too, worthy of gift giving. Right now I'm having Orange pu-erh. I also took home some mint green that was yummy.
You're right Jen, it's fall tea time!