Tea, anyone?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
JenW

Re: Tea, anyone?

Post by JenW » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:11 am

zeebs wrote:Jen, great haul! That looks yummy :)
And I was thoroughly embarassed to take pics of all of it. I wanted to make sure there were pics of the packaging, because I know they have changed it in the last year or so. I ended up with 4 medium bags (like pictured) and about 10 samples.......And I have plans for at least two more orders. :shock:
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
cait

Post by cait » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:20 pm

I made it over to the Adagio store (although I tried to talk myself into waiting until I had finished some samples before getting more). I just happened to be in that shopping center this morning though :lol:

The store is wonderful, staff friendly and knowledgeable, free tea samples and cookies a plenty. It was really nice to be able to try some and smell all the teas in person. Everything was organized well (mostly according to black, green, white...etc.). They have a nice selection of teapots and cups as well. Supposedly there will be another location in Illinois very soon, if anyone is interested as to exactly where, feel free to PM me.

I was introduced to the sample bags; the last time I'd ordered samples they were still in the tins. I have enough tins to transfer them from the baggies into empty ones, as I definitely prefer the tins. They offer the sample bags (which differ at about 1-2 oz...most were one ounce), the full bags (around 3-5 oz.) and they also sell the teas in already prepared teabags. They also had glass canisters of each tea for smelling, but you could make teabags from those as well.

I got one larger bag of Rooibos Earl Grey, which I've been liking a lot recently. Then I got some samples of Thai Chai, Assam Melody, Pomegranate Green, and Jasmine Silver Needles. I got a sample of Passionfruit for my brother--that's his favorite. He can't get into the loose teas, though, I'm working on him!

Prices varied. Most samples are $2, but a few like the Jasmine Silver Needles were around $4-5 a sample. Most full bags were around 5-10 dollars. Most around the 5-7 range.

Here's a comparison of the 1 oz. to the 4 oz. bag.

I hope these start springing up everywhere. It's really great to buy in person :) And their rewards system links up with my online account too....this could be very dangerous for me!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Mmmmmm, Thai Chai.....I am just heading to make a cup. :D

Nice haul! Thanks for the review on the store. Sadly, there won't likely be one near me in the near future.....but I do head to Illinois once a year!

I am only having problems in that my kids are starting to get suspicious with all the bags of tea in my house.......
Faves-
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi JenW....I cut a $1.00 off coupon for Celestial Seasonings tea out of the Sunday paper today. PM me if you would like me to mail it to you!
Tea isn't really my cup of tea.....sorry, bad pun.....
Cheers!
laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks so much for thinking of me, Laurie! But I am drowning in tea at this point. :mrgreen: Maybe someone else needs it.

Celestial has some great holiday teas that come out soon. (I ordered mine after the holidays last year and am well stocked there, too!) I am giving my holiday tea away as part of teacher's gifts.
Faves-
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 pm

I needed to report back on the infuser. The one from Amazon that I linked to earlier in the thread was actually much better than the one from Crate&Barrel. I get bits in my tea with the one from Crate&Barrel. I am not strongly opposed to bits, but I prefer not to have them if I have a choice.

I picked up some genmai cha from a local place that sells tea. It is very interesting and I like it. It is a green tea with toasted rice in it.
Faves-
KrysD

Post by KrysD » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 pm

My favorite tea is the Bigelow Constant Comment Tea which can be purchased in most grocery stores. It is flavored with oranges and sweet spice. All this talk of tea has made me thirsty, think I will make a cup now. ;)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:43 pm

JenW wrote:I needed to report back on the infuser. The one from Amazon that I linked to earlier in the thread was actually much better than the one from Crate&Barrel. I get bits in my tea with the one from Crate&Barrel. I am not strongly opposed to bits, but I prefer not to have them if I have a choice.

I picked up some genmai cha from a local place that sells tea. It is very interesting and I like it. It is a green tea with toasted rice in it.
Genmaicha is hard to find where I live but it's DH's fave. Last time he went home to visit his mom she gave him a year's supply of it from their local co-op :) Yum!

On that note... I feel like it might be time for tea...
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 am

Another tea report. I have been having so much fun with this. I have given up all but one cup of coffee a day, and all diet soda...never drank the regular stuff. I will say that I have mostly ordered from Adagio, but I have also picked up a few teas here there. I seem to be leaning toward flavored blacks (although Adagio's Golden Monkey is really good!) and flavored whites, as well as a few herbals of rooibos and fruit/hibiscus. (I have a feeling this will run a progression like starting with wines....you start sweet and end up at the more sophisticated varieties.) I just ordered a small reward from Design a Tea. My current favorite is blended locally and it is a Wild Blueberry White Tea from Storehouse Tea, but I am trying to come up with something close at Adagio.

One of my friends is a huge fan of the Aveda Comforting blend and has a recipe to make her own as it is kind of on the pricey side. I have found Republic of Tea available at World Market (in the US) and I was able to use a coupon to get a pretty good deal. I do have one at Trader Joe's that I want to try (White Pomegranate).
Faves-
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Everybody who drinks tea should TOTALLY have one of these!

I would lol everytime I had a cup of tea, having one of these floating in my teacup! :lol: