Tea, anyone?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
zeebs

Re: Tea, anyone?

Post by zeebs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:16 am

I just got my Adagio shipment and lemme tell ya, I love the Foxtrot tea.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:06 am

I am not really a huge tea drinker, but I bought a box of Celastial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane a couple weeks ago. I really like it...it's not just peppermint....there is some vanilla and some cinnamon, and it's a really nice tea for me while I am watching tv at night. All those da** commericals tend to make me huuuuungry!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:28 am

ladycattat wrote:I am not really a huge tea drinker, but I bought a box of Celastial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane a couple weeks ago. I really like it...it's not just peppermint....there is some vanilla and some cinnamon, and it's a really nice tea for me while I am watching tv at night. All those da** commericals tend to make me huuuuungry!
Laurie
It does help the hungries! I also like that one when my stomach is a little off, too. Something about the peppermint really helps.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:12 am

Another tea report.....

I decided that Culinary Teas was not for me. It is great to try a bunch of different flavors, as they have a ton of choices, but I am at the point where I am really settling into some favorites. Their service is good, but I think their prices are a little higher than other online vendors. I definitely had a fun order from them in 1 oz amounts. For some reason, their tea did seem a little weak to me, and required a little more tea to brew a good cup than from some other vendors.

I will give a quick list of my current favorites:
Adagio- Decaf Strawberry and Valentines (both balck teas) are at the top of my list. I also like the Decaf Apricot, and blending several of their more dessert type flavors in black tea. They also have tons of options for iced, as I generally prefer anything other than black tea for iced. I have their green rooibos samples on order, and I like to blend some of the berry flavored herbals with their flavored whites for iced tea. They also make sampling new teas very easy as they offer samples of everything. They also have the most reasonable shipping in my opinion ($3.75 in US for orders under $50). They had free shipping over Black Friday, and lowered the free shipping mark to $25 over the holidays. Their service has been great, and get my orders in 2 days unless I order over the weekend.

Harney & Sons- Vanilla Comoro (decaf vanilla black tea) and African Autumn (a cranberry orange rooibos-my favorite red rooibos). I really have liked about everything I have gotten from here, but some varieties don't have samples available, and sometimes there are not good mid range size options for purchase. Shipping is not bad, and they have specials from time to time in % off and sometimes free shipping over $25.

There are a few teas/herbals I like otherwise that are available lots of places online. Some of those flavors are Angels Dream (blackberry maple black tea), Monk's Blend (a grenadine and vanilla black tea), and Casablanca herbal. Any fruit tisane makes great iced tea in my book. (And don't laugh....I did have to start a tea journal of sorts to keep everything straight!)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am

Tea realated!! :mrgreen:

Awesome invention!
Add water, attach teabag and do something else while this one makes sure your tea is ready in a jiffy!

I approve!

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 pm

I love your invention. :D
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:24 pm

How does it work?
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:32 pm

zeebs wrote:How does it work?
Have only seen pictures of it so have no idea...but it was tea related so I thought it was fun to post.
It is from thereifixedit dot com.
Wish it was my invention though... :P
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Colleen wrote:I love your invention. :D
I really wish it was me who invented it, lol...
BeRefinnEj

Post by BeRefinnEj » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:46 pm

I think I can proudly call myself a very dedicated tea drinker--I started drinking chamomile (herbal) and jasmine (green) tea when I was little. I'm not too sure if you're looking for teas that you can find in a grocery store or not, but I've recently (as in the past year or two) discovered Teas for All Reasons by Marsha in Virginia. Some of the black teas I like from her are Romance (she calls it Glitter and Gold sometimes) and Chocolate Strawberry. I only started drinking rooibos tea because of Marsha's blends. My favorite ones are chocolate & roses and Tickled Pink for the Cure (special edition for raising money for breast cancer research). Rooibos+milk tastes really, really good to me. She has a lot of seasonal blends as well. If you're into early grey, give her cream earl grey a try. If you're looking for a "different" green tea, try going into a Japanese supermarket (or just a big Asian supermarket) and look for "matcha genmai-cha". There's no need to go to a tea store at the mall for these types of teas because they always charge non-Asians way too much money. This tea is a blend between match green tea and brown rice. It might sound odd, but it tastes really, really good. Hope this helps :)