I so love St. Craigslist!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
ladycattat

I so love St. Craigslist!

Post by ladycattat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 pm

As a lot of you guys know I troll Craigslist on a daily basis, since you really never know what you will find....especially for free, and free is GOOD!
I have found ways of getting my hair cut and colored(multiple times!), I found a way to barter something I didn't want for a tattoo I love, I tested hair care products and got to keep them.
Last week I found an ad for a local photography studio that was looking for ladies that wanted 40s pinup photos taken.
They would do your hair, makeup, and costumes, and just for coming they would provide you with a free 8X10 photo.
Well, since our 13th wedding anniversary was Monday and we pretty broke right now, I thought I would call and set up an appointment. Worse case scenario, it would be an hour out of my life and bad pic pics. Best case, great pics for free.
They did ask you to bring along your own foundation(so, so glad they didn't want to put any of that greasy glop on my face!) and a strapless bra, and a pair of heels.
Well, I got there and it felt like a daytime slumber party. The makeup artist complimented me on my makeup color match(yay, SN!) and did a 40's look on me....and thanks to egerandi I recognized MAC Russian Red. Then she curled my hair and rolled it up on each side-40s style.
Then we found the cutest white and black polka dot sundress. I was a little worried that they wouldn't have anything to fit me since I am most certainly a plus size.....but bless their hearts, they had sizes for everybody.
I gotta tell you, I thought, since this was free, that they would do maybe 5 or 6 shots and poses and that would be it. I was so wrong. She took at least 70-80 poses, had me change costumes and poses till I was exhausted. At no time did they pressure me to buy anything or give me any kind of hard sell......it was more like fun.
I was able to look at all the shots and pick the ones I wanted. The only caveat was that I had to pick them up today...i couldn't take anything home with me,
Another great thing is the photos are scanable. You guys know what it's like when you want to scan your kids school pics and you can't...it's really annoying.
I am going to post my fav pic. I am sorry...It will be really huge, since I don't know how to scale it down....Enjoy!
Laurie
laurie 40s pinup.jpg
laurie 40s pinup.jpg (64.18 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Silverfern

Re: I so love St. Craigslist!

Post by Silverfern » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:45 pm

O Wow! That is soooo cool! What a great idea and picture and now I'm off to Craigslist :D
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 pm

I saw this on Facebook.....It is darling! I am glad it was so fun, too.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:23 pm

How cute, I love it! Looks like it was a lot of fun. I've never really spent a lot of time on Craig's List, at least not looking for free stuff. I'll have to remember to look around some more.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 pm

You look beautiful! Great shot. :D
~Tracy~
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Wow, sounded like fun :lol:
Looking good!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:49 pm

***catcalls** WhooooHoooo you're one hot mamma! You look like you're having a blast, and it's absolutely gorgeous!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Cute!!! :D
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:27 am

Sweet pic! I had no idea craigslist was quite that awesome.