Blush recommendations? (with pic)

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Kirti

Blush recommendations? (with pic)

Post by Kirti » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:49 am

Hey ladies :)

I ordered cider and apple in my first order - cider turned out too be too light for my skintone, it just shows up as a subtle sheen but I really like apple!

Do you guys have any blush recommendations for my next order? I'm thinking palace and galaxy - how do those sound for my colouring?
Attachments
k.jpg
k.jpg (60.18 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
http://kiandmakeup.blogspot.com/
kinjali22

Re: Blush recommendations? (with pic)

Post by kinjali22 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 pm

My winter color is a couple shades lighter than yours and I really like these blushes:

Embrace - for days that I want a bold eye and a neutral blush
Carnal - It is beautiful on our skin. It warms up on our skin tone, so don't let the purple color scare you
Cider (but you already have this one :P)
Desert Plum

Colors that didn't work out for me, Lovelace, Satisfied -- I don't think the peachy shimmer blushes look so well on our skin (maybe because of the olive?), Vino, Climax and Flirt probably won't show up on you and Tart.

Apple, Galaxy and Forbidden have been on my list for a long time for blushes to try :)
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Palace is a dupe of NARS Taj Mahal, I can't imagine it not showing up on anyone, it's a beautiful, rich golden orange. Do try a sample, if you are warm at all, it will look gorgeous on you! I love using it as an eyeshadow, I'm really fair so while I have used it as a blush, I have to tap the brush well and blend, blend, blend, blend! Imparts a nice, warm glow...very worth it.

Tart and Vino may both work, they are pretty pigmented, it all depends on what tones flatter your skin the most and what sort of blush look you are going for. Forbidden would be worth a try as well I think!

Climax, Afterglow, Stellar, Babydoll, etc...will probably all be too light on you.
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:23 pm

I dunno about blush, Kirti, but you are very pretty! And that is a great picture. Have fun playing with blush :)
aud

Post by aud » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Carnal's a nice one too. Looks better on the skin than in the jar :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
Kirti

Post by Kirti » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:53 am

superwahz wrote:Palace is a dupe of NARS Taj Mahal, I can't imagine it not showing up on anyone, it's a beautiful, rich golden orange. Do try a sample, if you are warm at all, it will look gorgeous on you! I love using it as an eyeshadow, I'm really fair so while I have used it as a blush, I have to tap the brush well and blend, blend, blend, blend! Imparts a nice, warm glow...very worth it.

Tart and Vino may both work, they are pretty pigmented, it all depends on what tones flatter your skin the most and what sort of blush look you are going for. Forbidden would be worth a try as well I think!

Climax, Afterglow, Stellar, Babydoll, etc...will probably all be too light on you.
I'm definitely warm toned and you're tempting me to get palace now!!! I always wanted to try the Nars one, but I have super sensitive skin - imagine paying 25 dollars and having it break me out!!! :P

How did I miss Vino? It looks like a fantastic blush! Tart I'm afraid will be too cool toned, so I don't think I'll give that a try this time around!
Kirti

Post by Kirti » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:58 am

kinjali22 wrote:My winter color is a couple shades lighter than yours and I really like these blushes:

Carnal - It is beautiful on our skin. It warms up on our skin tone, so don't let the purple color scare you
Desert Plum

Colors that didn't work out for me, Lovelace, Satisfied -- I don't think the peachy shimmer blushes look so well on our skin (maybe because of the olive?), Vino, Climax and Flirt probably won't show up on you and Tart.

Apple, Galaxy and Forbidden have been on my list for a long time for blushes to try :)
Hey kinjali :)

Please try apple - it is FANTASTIC! I wore it last night and got a gazillion compliments!

Carnal? Really? I was so reluctant to try the plum blushes - I could just never imagine purple looking good on anyone! :P Should give a sample a try!
Kirti

Post by Kirti » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:08 am

Silverfern wrote:I dunno about blush, Kirti, but you are very pretty! And that is a great picture. Have fun playing with blush :)
Thank you silverfern - you made my day :)
Kirti

Post by Kirti » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:09 am

aud wrote:Carnal's a nice one too. Looks better on the skin than in the jar :)
I'm definitely going to sample it :)
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 am

Kirti wrote:
kinjali22 wrote:My winter color is a couple shades lighter than yours and I really like these blushes:

Desert Plum

Hey kinjali :)

Please try apple - it is FANTASTIC! I wore it last night and got a gazillion compliments!

Carnal? Really? I was so reluctant to try the plum blushes - I could just never imagine purple looking good on anyone! :P Should give a sample a try!
LOL! I thought the same thing with plum colors in general, but after experimenting with different colors, I've found that plum really compliments olive skin tone well!