New Changes to the site...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

New Changes to the site...

Post by karen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:30 pm

I apologize for my absence this past week- we've been working on a pretty giant project for most of the winter, and I've been putting the finishing touches on everything. It's finally ready!

We've just added a filtering system to the web site. All of the blushes, lippies, and eye shadows have been categorized by color, finish and a few other details. If you click on a product category, and scroll down you'll see that you can filter and sort through the colors.

I hope you all love it! We're also making a slight change to the forum layout- all of the features are the same, I just wanted something a bit brighter. So the best DH in the world is working on those changes. I checked on the functionality to see if we're able to let people move things from the cart to the wishlist, and apparently that's not a part of the code. We're waiting on the wishlist addon to come out in a new version, and hopefully that will be a feature (we have a basic site, and then you get addons to do the spiffy things like wish lists, points and rewards, and the filters- each one is a different project with different features).

Hopefully tomorrow we'll add the hair gels, and maybe a new item or two to the site. I've been down with a slight case of the flu for the past couple of days, but I feel like I'm on the mend- now I'm hoping the weather holds out because they're predicting another foot of the wet, heavy snow that takes out power lines- ugh.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
BlowFarAway

Re: New Changes to the site...

Post by BlowFarAway » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Awesome! Hope you get better soon Karen, there are a lot of nasty bugs going around. :)
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 am

Rad! :D

The new forums are pretty too! :mrgreen:
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 am

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm glad you are getting better. The forum looks great! I'm so excited for the curling gel! Thanks so much!
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Yes, everything looks great and my best wishes, hope you are very well soon!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm

The forum is going to take a bit getting used to. It is brighter. I can't wait to buy the hair gel. I hope you feel better soon Karen.
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 pm

I LOVE the changes you made to the site! I've been playing with the filters for the past 30 min. just because I could! LOL The forum is going to take a bit longer to adjust to. I like the 'brighter' look but the pics on the left hand side is going to take some getting used to. :lol:

P.S. - feel better soon Karen!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks! Yes, I'm not sure I'm 100% in love with the way the forum looks either. The white was really glaring for me for some reason, so DH gave everything a little bit of a grey wash tonight. It's helping, but yes, it's an adjustment.

I was sicker than I thought- woke up a bit perkier, but ended up spending most of the day in bed- ugh. Netflix seems to have some restorative powers, and hopefully I'll be back at it on Monday.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
KingTaco

Post by KingTaco » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:21 am

I love the filters and the new forum!

I hope you feel better soon, I've been under the weather too :cry:
Foundation mix: 8:1 Heavy:Buttery Gold
All purpose mix: 7:1.5 Ivory:Buttery Gold
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

Everything looks great!!!