Changing seasons - changing your colours?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Cupcake

Changing seasons - changing your colours?

Post by Cupcake » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 am

I'm just wondering what our ladies do with their mineral colours as the seasons change. Where I am in Scotland, yesterday my favourite woodland garden walk sprang into life unexpectedly early with riotous blossoms of colour. Rhododendrons and Azaleas, crocuses, daddodils and bluebells all carpeting the ground with the beginnings of colour and the end of the seemingly endless grey and brown winter gloom. It was a really welcome sight, I can tell you!

It made me feel like breaking out the pastel shimmers and filing away my more neutral eyeshadows until later in the year. I've been craving heavier lipsticks but now I'm right back into Icing and Peace lippy again as my default 'fun' carefree colours.

Do you feel the need to shake up your makeup as the seasons change? Do you keep the same few colours with you throughout the year as tried and trusted staples? Or perhaps you don't keep to the same colours but are always open to try new things? When you feel like a change, what do you do?
ChristineLynnP

Re: Changing seasons - changing your colours?

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 pm

I actually don't switch out my makeup dependant on the seasons. I do tend to naturally go through phases though, where for a while I'm really into earthy tones (brown, green), other days I'm into neutrals/taupes, sometimes I do smokey eyes for a while, and right now I'm into soft, subtle shades of pinks, taupes, and creams. There are only two times I think seasons dictate my makeup- the first way is very indirectly, when seasons change and my favorite companies release new shades or limited editions, then of course I buy some of these colors and they're naturally going to be what I wear most often for a while afterwards. The only thing that does change seasonally is that while I generally only wear clear lipbalms, when I do go for color, I tend to only wear warmer or deeper lipshades in the fall and winter, and more subtle or jewel-toned, cool shades in spring and summer.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm like Christine - I wear deeper, darker lip colors in the fall & winter. Looking forward to lighter colors as spring is right around the corner! Seedy is currently on it's way to me - I think it will be great for spring/summer! I've finally figured out what colors I feel that I look best in for eyes/cheeks - I don't really vary from season to season.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:59 pm

I go through phases too...I do tend to go less formal, and lighter in the Spring and Summer, but I get so pale in the Winter I use it as a chance to really experiment with colors. I'm practically paper white at the moment, so I've been gravitating towards some of the warmer colors lately. One of these days I'm going to bring out Safety and go nuts.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 am

I change too: fall and especially winter is dominated by cool colors and reds, and I re-discover the warmer side of me during spring/summer. I wear a lot of blacks and grays and darker colors in general during the winter, and the colors match that while in the summer I wear white a lot that I can pull off with Lovelace and Truly and co.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 am

I do have staples (like highbeam and homecoming queen), but i tend to wear more browns and creams in the fall/winter and more oranges and pinks in the spring and summer. August-October I'm usually on a gold kick.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 am

I change every day depending on my mood, but my mood depends on a number of factors, including the season. Yesterday I wore Retro and Fete, both of which I hadn't touched all winter.