Lip Stain Shades

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
aud

Lip Stain Shades

Post by aud » Wed May 11, 2011 6:37 am

Wow, I just received Dixie in the mail and it's on my lips now as I chow down dinner.

AWESOME job. I love it sheered out and the colour just POPS even with a simple coat of lipbalm over it. I'm so impressed, Karen & team!

Off to grab a couple more lip stains, maybe a backup of Dixie, and was wondering if there'd be more new colours in the works to be released soon :P

Was thinking of:

1 - a nude/nude pink shade that conceals the lip colour, that'd make a great base (or even lip concealer) for those with overly pigmented lips or that Asian trend we have here that's so popular, for nude lips topped with just gloss. Or even for Halloween :P (think Menage, Mirage, St Tropez, Centerfold)

2 - a light wearable pink along the lines of Pout that's really neither warm nor cool

3 - light lilac/lavender

4 - Something more coral/orange than Dixie without too much red, or any red, really.

5 - A dark, very dark, berry red, with that "sinister noir" look in mind.
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
ErinL

Re: Lip Stain Shades

Post by ErinL » Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 pm

I'd like a nice pink too!!
Like Darling or Tender? :D
I love the idea of the lip stain, but I'm too pasty-white to pull off most the current shades (tho' they are lovely!!).
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 pm

ErinL wrote:
I love the idea of the lip stain, but I'm too pasty-white to pull off most the current shades (tho' they are lovely!!).
They are strong, for sure, but a layer of the transparent ALG will soften them nicely, it softens the other glosses too.
aud

Post by aud » Wed May 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi ErinL, do try one of the colours. I think Dixie or Gigi. Just put a couple of dots of the stain on your lips, use a finger tip and sheer it out, or dot more to build up the intensity of the colour. I find that gives better control than the applicator for sheerer application.

If you have a nude lipstick, you can layer that over the lipstain to mute it too. Gives a nice effect. I tried XXX over Dixie and it became a nude-peachypink. A 'healthy' sort of nude :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Wed May 11, 2011 2:20 pm

:D Thank you, Aud!! I will try and get one then...it sounds like one might work for me after all. Great, great idea!!
aud

Post by aud » Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 am

Here's a lip swatch of Dixie applied with my finger tip and topped with clear balm (SN's Chocolate Covered Cherries :D) AND after having ice cream. It's very sheer (doesn't quite cover the whites at the outer ends of my lower lip) but it can be done to make it very wearable. Except that when it's this sheered out, it doesn't last as long as several coats. I don't think you'll regret getting the stains, ErinL :)

LT16

Post by LT16 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:49 am

I have Gigi and I love it. I apply like how Aud described. Three quick dots on the bottom lip and using finger swipe quickly on lips, then three quick dots on the top lips and with finger swipe quickly. With that application technique I'm able to apply the stain sheerly. I top it with Glacier amplifying lip glaze.

I would love the stains to also come in the colors listed in the original post. I would love a lilac/lavender shade and a true coral shade.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu May 12, 2011 1:30 pm

I don't have plans for new colors in like let's say...a few weeks, but they are popular, and I'll probably round out the selections a little.

If you're looking for a true pink I do think Gigi is a good one. It's scary in the tube, and in swatches, but at least on me it's just a nice pink along the lines of Damsel.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
EmilyAnne

Post by EmilyAnne » Tue May 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Lip Stain Color Suggestions:

1. Mauve - like Dior Addict Lipcolour #583 Mauve
2. True (highly pigmented) Red - like Gothic Revlon Just Bittin Lipstain
3. Brick red - The warm equivalent of Doll w/ orange undertones rather than Pink

Seriously love the colors so far, can't wait to see what's next :)

thanks!
meadowbird

Post by meadowbird » Thu May 19, 2011 6:12 am

I'm loving the lip stains! Just got mine today, Gigi and Dixie. The colours come out much too dark on me for regular wear though.. I mean really dark! Even sheered out.

I agree on a nudish pink. More than anything I would love a fairly light peach.. something like Lovelace blush! In the ALG as well!
Also a warmer bubble gum pink.
Blush : Lovelace ~ Flare ~ Stardust ~ Foxxy
Eyes: Scandal ~ Neuron ~ Sprite ~ Zest
Lips: Zinnia ~ Ambrosia ~ Pretty Please ~ Mango