Help with choosing skincare needed

Petra0

Help with choosing skincare needed

Post by Petra0 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 am

Hi, I'm new to SilkNaturals and whole "natural cosmetics stuff". And I would really appreciate any help I can get.
First I need advices which products I should use. I've got mixed skin type, blackheads on my nose and some acne (especially on my chin and sides of forehead). My forehead and chin are really oily but I managed to over-dry my nose enough to make my skin peel off. So I can't use anything too strong. I got samples of Apricot Cleansing Oil and Super Serum. And AC helped me to get rid of blackheads on my nose. SS helped me slighty with acne and but I've just started using it so I hope it will help me to stop having acne at all. So I want to keep Apricot Cleansing Oil and Super Serum as well and now I need some help to which other stuff should I buy so it'll work together.
I was thinkink about Pore Refining Toner or Lavender pH balanced toner but I'm not sure which one would be better. And I need some moisturizers too. (Hemp or Jojoba?). Or should I try something different?

Plus I'am not sure how to use combination serum/moisturizer. I understand that I should first use serum ,let it get dry and then moisturizer put on it. But I read somewhere that oil based moisturizer should be used on wet skin. So I'm puzzled now.

Thanks for any help and sorry for my English.
JenW

Re: Help with choosing skincare needed

Post by JenW » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:43 am

Welcome, and I hope I can answer your questions.

For the serum/moisturizer.....It is not that you let the serum dry, but that you let it soak in for about 5 minutes before you apply the moisturizer. Usually, it is still slightly damp.

For a toner, I am thinking the Lavendar will be better as it is a little simpler in ingredients. For a moisturizer, both Hemp and Jojoba are good choices (but I still recommend samples so you can decide which you like better).
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
emmy2410

Post by emmy2410 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:46 am

The moisturisers are great and so are the serums...
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 am

That's odd that you say that Jen, I actually get better results if I apply them one right after the other. I guess it's all in what works for you.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]