Happy Labor Day!!!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
karen
Site Admin

Happy Labor Day!!!

Post by karen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:26 am

Aaah, another year, another star studded telethon. Happy Labor Day! Have lots of fun!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
~*mikie*~

Re: Happy Labor Day!!!

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm

I labored *enough* this week for 2 people! BUT I am certain to be laboring over the weekend as well. Why is it that houses don't clean *themselves*? I want to know! Hubby's putting on a new roof so it's been pretty wild around here. No parties, no cookouts. Maybe iced iea on my sunporch & a good book at some point over the 3 days....mmm, sounds like a plan!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 pm

My weekend will consist of trying to get as much of the 8 cord of wood sitting on my lawn blocked and split as humanly possible. If there is time left I’ll try stacking some too. Happy Labor day, or as they say in Canada Happy Labour Day, Eh!
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Happy labor Day. My Labor Day shoule consist of putting the siding on the back of the house and painting it. Thia morning was peeling and bagging 2 bushels of Anehim green chili's to put in the freezer for green chili this winter.
Hollis
lcash

Post by lcash » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:57 pm

We're starting to overhaul our house - laminate wood floors, bathroom tile, carpet, kitchen tile and lots of paint. Owe it all to my son for finally setting a wedding date in April. Finally a compelling reason to upgrade before all the relatives show up from the east coast! Thank heavens for SALES!!!! :lol: Lauren
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 pm

It sounds like you're all working very hard this weekend! My goodness you girls really know how to get things done.

We're super cleaning the house this weekend before MIL's visit- we rented a cottage, but I'm taking advantage of my husband actually wanting to help so he can impress his mother (he's a good guy, but he's a hoarder so the house gets cluttered pretty easily). I was going through the cupboards today, and found the first ever jar of Perfecting Powder (called Silk Perfection back then)- 2 years old and still going strong.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten