Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
cclee00

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by cclee00 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm

karen wrote:Thank you for all of the happy thoughts!!!

Quick question on the setting spray- what does it do? I checked the ingredients on the UD stuff, and from them I can't really guess what it does.
Theoretically it helps "set" your makeup so it lasts longer - UD makes a couple different kinds such as moisturizing and oil-absorbing, and one called "All-Nighter" that's supposed to help your makeup last something like 18 hours. As an ex-Sephora junkie (now I'm an SN junkie! :D ) and someone with frequent foundation meltdown, I always wanted to try it, but the samples I tried...well, honestly, I can't remember. So ignore that part. :oops: :P
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Charz

Post by Charz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:08 am

Putting in my vote, also, for non-shimmery lippies. I adore SN's shimmery lippies, don't get me wrong, but there's something very classy and understated about a cream finish.

As always, I would love more peachy lippies and/or cream blushes :P Perhaps a non-shimmer lippy that's a bit deeper than Allure, but not as pigmented or bright as Kindle?

Any new skincare would be lovely, too!
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Quick question on the setting spray- what does it do? I checked the ingredients on the UD stuff, and from them I can't really guess what it does.
Karen if you go to the *more* above the price it will give you the info you are looking for. HTH :) :)

Glad you are better. :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:10 pm

lov2read68 wrote:
jien wrote:Karen, hope you feel better now!

I don't have any color suggestions but would like to request for a no rinse facial cleanser -- something that can remove all mineral makeup, yet doesn't strip your face so you won't need a moisturizer. It will be extremely useful after a long night when you just want to slump into bed.
I second this. Something along the lines of a cleansing water - NARS, Dior, Caudalie, Lancome, etc.
Or in a form of a towelette? :)
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:52 pm

The DeSlick fixes it where I don't really have to blot. Makes the greasies far less prevalent!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 am

I will chime in again with the wishes for hair care products, especially a product designed to encourage growth--preferably a leave-in tonic I can wear during the day.
I would also love a nourishing gel/wax with flexibility, hold, and lots of shine. I currently use the Curly Hair Gel to give a bit of texture and separation to my stick-straight pixie cut, but something with a bit more Oomph would be great!

I am loving all of these lippie wishes! SN Lippies are a true weakness of mine...I have no Off Switch
:P
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 pm

egerandi wrote:
I'm game for any new skin care too, and larger-sized pore refining toner.
Karen I would also love a larger size of the pore refining toner-my face loves this toner :D
Thanks!
jandi

Post by jandi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Toby wrote: I would love a peachy cream blush with no shimmer. Amuse looks beautiful, but I'm not a fan of shimmery blushes. :(
Second this. Love peachy blushes, but shimmer in my cheeks does not love me
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 am

Sorry you have been sick.....it's that time of the year and it's really going around. Hope you are back on top of your game now!

I am fairly new to SN and have loved everything I have purchased. I am still mesmerized by the abundance of choices in makeup, skin care, etc.

Despite the mild temperatures my area of the country has seen this winter, I am still in winter mode. I would love to see a true cranberry red lippie (like a deep red with a little darkness to it like a real cranberry) and a real pure rose lippie (like the discontinued Genuine). A dupe similar to Raisin would be great too. These would all be great Valentine's Day colors.

For shadows, I would just love to see Mazel Tov released again (all of the swatches of it are awesome)! Maybe a skin colored eye primer too!

No skin care recommendations here. I am loving the Oatmeal serum!

Thanks for asking our opinions.
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 am

egerandi wrote:Hope you're feeling better! I caught a bug too, it sucks.

I would like to add my vote to the lipstains: true red + a color that's like lovelace or startdust + lavender.

A cream blush in a color close to Flirt and Wish You Were Here: they are my go-tos when I do stronger lips.

I would also like bigger sizes on the hand lotions: I keep the small ones in my purses, but a bigger one in the same size as the cleansing conditioners would be welcome in my bathroom. I'm still in love with Autumn Harvest, but even an unscented one would be nice. I bought the bigger size that comes in a jar, but I prefer the tube for easy access with lotion-y hands :)

I would also like some hair product that encourages hair growth. I'm game for any new skin care too, and larger-sized pore refining toner.

Thank you!

Agree, agree, agree with everything you said (especially the hair growth product and lotion sizes)!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax