Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
MagRo

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by MagRo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 am

I'd love to see a non-shimmery sheer lippy of Lovelace, and maybe an option for larger sizes of the wanded glosses.

Otherwise, I'm all about the skincare. I'd love to see a retinol and a sunscreen. A tinted moisturizer/sunscreen would be incredible (I haven't had good luck mixing SN foundation with liquids, they smell off when I do).

Colored mascaras would be great.

I'd love it if there were a way to get samples of the scented oils and body lotions- I hate being stuck with a full size of something I don't like the smell of.

<3!
LT16

Post by LT16 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 am

I would love a dupe of the MAC Flamingo lipstick. Preferably in the ALG formula or lipgloss squeeze tube.

Picture taken from Temptalia's site: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-for-iris-a ... s-swatches
macflamingo.jpg
macflamingo.jpg (45.75 KiB) Viewed 10714 times
cait

Post by cait » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:36 pm

LT have you tried Pretty Please? I find it is sort of similar to flamingo.

The only thing I'd love to see at SN this year is an expansion of hair care products. Maybe a pomade or a floral scented hair oil or a dry shampoo or a glistening mist?? I'm getting carried away :D.
tardis

Post by tardis » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 pm

cait wrote:LT have you tried Pretty Please? I find it is sort of similar to flamingo.
It also looks a bit like Truly.

Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better, Karen. :) Tea, silly movies, and good books seem to improve colds too.

For Valentine's Day, how about a return of the poor discontinued Bubble Gum? Maybe something along the lines of Bobbi Brown's Pink. It's almost like the warm version of Azalea.
Bobbi Brown Pink. Courtesy of Temptalia.
Bobbi Brown Pink. Courtesy of Temptalia.
509254b27e0b1dff3d6de3614439b5c8.jpeg (172.91 KiB) Viewed 10707 times
And maybe a bronzey rose. Other than that, I second any and all suggestions for (especially warm) lippies.
LT16

Post by LT16 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Cait - No, I've never tried Pretty Please. I just took a look at it and it doesn't seem as bright as Flamingo but I'll take note of it definitely. Thanks!

tardis - I think I had Truly (I might've sold it or something?) I can't keep track now. I'll take note of this one as well. thanks. :)
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Blushes (mineral formula)!! I have gotten into blushes this year (I know we're only 11 days in :P).... I would love to see bold blushes in the pinky/plum family! My favorite blush so far is Rosie. <3
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Hope you're feeling better! I caught a bug too, it sucks.

I would like to add my vote to the lipstains: true red + a color that's like lovelace or startdust + lavender.

A cream blush in a color close to Flirt and Wish You Were Here: they are my go-tos when I do stronger lips.

I would also like bigger sizes on the hand lotions: I keep the small ones in my purses, but a bigger one in the same size as the cleansing conditioners would be welcome in my bathroom. I'm still in love with Autumn Harvest, but even an unscented one would be nice. I bought the bigger size that comes in a jar, but I prefer the tube for easy access with lotion-y hands :)

I would also like some hair product that encourages hair growth. I'm game for any new skin care too, and larger-sized pore refining toner.

Thank you!
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Glad to hear you are on the mend Karen, and thanks for asking us :)

Re improvement in 2012 I for my part only have one simple wish:
I would absolutely LOVE a stronger AHA toner! Perhaps 12 % ?

Perhaps give people a choice between 8 % or 12% strength in the AHA?

I have used SN`s AHA toner well over a year, but I feel it could be stronger!
It seems my skin need it to be more potent or something. I can use it every night for three or four nights in a row, then it gives better results, but I don`t even turn red or sore! So would love a stronger one I can use less frequently so I don`t have to use up a bottle so quickly... :oops:

I can also use the BHA frequently without probles whatsoever along with the AHA, and it helps with my cysts because of my skincondition.
zus

Post by zus » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Hope you are feeling better, Karen! I think simplifying things a bit is a good idea.

I feel I might be a minority on this one but I'd love to see some creamy, pigmented, non sparkly lippies. That Bobbi Brown up there looks beautiful. And a true red lipstain sounds lovely :)

I'd love to see some sort of subtle highlighter for the face, something a bit more along the lines of Propinquity, with the gold and the pearly glow it has... to give a glowy highlight but not necessarily with sparkles. I don't know, maybe there's already a product like this that I've overlooked!

And to compensate, I wouldn't mind seeing some really really glittery eye shadows!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 pm

No requests (still catching up with newly released products I haven't tried yet) but just sending a big hug to feel better soon. -x-