Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenK

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by JenK » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Glad you are feeling better Karen. Vegan color base is a great idea to cut back on product and make things easier on you guys.
I LOVE your skin/body/haircare...anything new would make me happy.
I would love to see an oil-free retinol product...not even sure that is possible. Also an oil-free serum w/ a higher % of MAP (maybe 10%).
Anything new for hand/body care would be awesome.
A dry shampoo and something for oily scalp/hair would be great.
You offer so many lippies, I can't think of anything you are missing. Maybe more sheer, shimmerless ALG's.
Thanks for asking us!!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:25 pm

zus wrote:Hope you are feeling better, Karen! I think simplifying things a bit is a good idea.

I feel I might be a minority on this one but I'd love to see some creamy, pigmented, non sparkly lippies. That Bobbi Brown up there looks beautiful. And a true red lipstain sounds lovely :)

I'd love to see some sort of subtle highlighter for the face, something a bit more along the lines of Propinquity, with the gold and the pearly glow it has... to give a glowy highlight but not necessarily with sparkles. I don't know, maybe there's already a product like this that I've overlooked!

And to compensate, I wouldn't mind seeing some really really glittery eye shadows!
I love creamy and non sparkly lippies too, youre not in the minority :) I think Provoke is the first non sparkly one I tried and I fell in love with it. I'd love more cool ALG colors like Provoke and maybe some a little lighter too.

Propinquity is such a unique gorgeous color, I think it would make an amazing lip gloss! Or if there is a clear lipgloss released I can just mix it with my Propinquity eye shadow :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:37 pm

Oxana124 wrote:
zus wrote:Hope you are feeling better, Karen! I think simplifying things a bit is a good idea.

I feel I might be a minority on this one but I'd love to see some creamy, pigmented, non sparkly lippies. That Bobbi Brown up there looks beautiful. And a true red lipstain sounds lovely :)

I'd love to see some sort of subtle highlighter for the face, something a bit more along the lines of Propinquity, with the gold and the pearly glow it has... to give a glowy highlight but not necessarily with sparkles. I don't know, maybe there's already a product like this that I've overlooked!

And to compensate, I wouldn't mind seeing some really really glittery eye shadows!
I love creamy and non sparkly lippies too, youre not in the minority :) I think Provoke is the first non sparkly one I tried and I fell in love with it. I'd love more cool ALG colors like Provoke and maybe some a little lighter too.

Propinquity is such a unique gorgeous color, I think it would make an amazing lip gloss! Or if there is a clear lipgloss released I can just mix it with my Propinquity eye shadow :)
Another vote for creamy, non-sparkly lippies! :D

Also, another vote for cream blush in colors like Wish You Were Here and Flirt. I used to love Stila's Convertible Color in Gerbera, but cannot justify the price of it! One cream blush like that, and I would totally be thrilled!!! :D

Feel better soon, Karen!
~Tracy~
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Maeva wrote: ...I will add my desire for a few more lip stains: a true Red, a neutral or warm Rose shade, and also a shade similar to Roxie but lighter and brighter--a Coral Roxie...
SECOND THIS!!

And the suggestion on the cream blush in Flirt color as well! My sister will go nut!
cait

Post by cait » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:38 pm

LT16 wrote:Cait - No, I've never tried Pretty Please. I just took a look at it and it doesn't seem as bright as Flamingo but I'll take note of it definitely. Thanks!
It's definitely not as bright as Flamingo, but it's absolutely the closest in color here at SN if you're looking for something here. I can swatch them side by side for you if it'd help. I think Flamingo's going to be a hot commodity if it's duped because there really doesn't seem to be anything quite like it!
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 pm

I would like a scrub for my hands, similar to the one minute manicure product, so that it has some exfoliating properties, and lots of moisturizing ones.
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 am

Another vote for a cream blush like Flirt!
Lemon

Post by Lemon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:11 am

I'm glad you're recovering nicely, Karen. I think switching to vegan color bases for foundation seems like a good idea. I've tried both vegan and regular and didn't notice any differences.
Maeva wrote:I will add my desire for a few more lip stains: a true Red, a neutral or warm Rose shade, and also a shade similar to Roxie but lighter and brighter--a Coral Roxie.
I agree on more lip stains! They are so fast to apply and low maintenance! I'd like to also request lip stains in the purple family like a lavender-pink, purple freesia, etc. Also a berry color that's on the cool (or neutral side), another vote on a neutral rose shade, and a true kissable cherry-ruby red. I definitely would like to wear these stains on my cheeks as well.

I'll add another vote for a makeup finishing spray (for me I'd really like something moisturizing to prevent cakiness). Thanks again for allowing us to make suggestions!
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 am

I'd love to see some more non-sparkly/shimmery lippies too!

Hope you're feeling better!
LT16

Post by LT16 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 am

cait wrote:
LT16 wrote:Cait - No, I've never tried Pretty Please. I just took a look at it and it doesn't seem as bright as Flamingo but I'll take note of it definitely. Thanks!
It's definitely not as bright as Flamingo, but it's absolutely the closest in color here at SN if you're looking for something here. I can swatch them side by side for you if it'd help. I think Flamingo's going to be a hot commodity if it's duped because there really doesn't seem to be anything quite like it!
Oooooohhh! I would love a swatch of them side by side. No rush though. :)