Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
MagRo

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by MagRo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:28 am

I too would love more non-shimmery lippies- though I prefer sheer, strong colors to the milky ones.

I just thought of something else- some sort of enzyme peel (like pumpkin) would be great.
jien

Post by jien » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Karen, hope you feel better now!

I don't have any color suggestions but would like to request for a no rinse facial cleanser -- something that can remove all mineral makeup, yet doesn't strip your face so you won't need a moisturizer. It will be extremely useful after a long night when you just want to slump into bed.
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:34 pm

MagRo wrote:
I just thought of something else- some sort of enzyme peel (like pumpkin) would be great.
Second this request!!
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:48 pm

MagRo wrote:I too would love more non-shimmery lippies- though I prefer sheer, strong colors to the milky ones.

2nd, would love all of this!!!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you for all of the happy thoughts!!!

Quick question on the setting spray- what does it do? I checked the ingredients on the UD stuff, and from them I can't really guess what it does.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:41 am

Almost forgot: would love the addition of auburn brow cream :)
I'm also in favor of more non-shimmery lippies.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:43 am

Ooh I've thought of a request :)

I'm looking for a lid wash colour, SFW, preferably eyelight or suede in style. Not flat matte, not too brightly shimmery. A casual look with a neutral tone and not as pale as a highlighter.

I'd like a soft golden colour with a touch of coppery sparkles.

The tone of the gold is what I'd like to be fussy about please. Not olive or mustard in tone please. Angelic or Juiced are a good tone but a little deeper in depth, maybe leaning towards the depth of Mahalo or the amazing Glory. Papyrus was too yellow for my skin tone but would otherwise have been a close fit for depth. The shadows that perfectly compliments my skin tone are Phantom and Model, so a gold that could compliment that family would help? .... and a flutter of pretty coppery sparkles please :) -x-

Thankies muchly.
Toby

Post by Toby » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Hope you're feeling better now, Karen!

I would love a peachy cream blush with no shimmer. Amuse looks beautiful, but I'm not a fan of shimmery blushes. :(

& my semi-annual plea for your dupe of MAC's Expensive Pink to make a redux!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:20 pm

So much for no requests...

Any chance of a reissue of Creamsicle??

Also a sheer lip solid gloss in the genre of Damsel, Seedy etc, shimmer free, sheer for just a hint of colour, in a violet-blue. Like Swank, just to ooomph up the rosey pink in my lips without going heavy pigment so it's ideal for casual wear. Any blue would do, from Bella-esque through to a super sheer grape or tanzanite. Could be a lot of fun! (Wouldn't want it myself, but someone might want a green one to tone down their rosey lips!) hehe. 8-)
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:29 pm

jien wrote:Karen, hope you feel better now!

I don't have any color suggestions but would like to request for a no rinse facial cleanser -- something that can remove all mineral makeup, yet doesn't strip your face so you won't need a moisturizer. It will be extremely useful after a long night when you just want to slump into bed.
I second this. Something along the lines of a cleansing water - NARS, Dior, Caudalie, Lancome, etc.