Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
MBlovesSN

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by MBlovesSN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am

Cupcake wrote:Ooh I've thought of a request :)

I'm looking for a lid wash colour, SFW, preferably eyelight or suede in style. Not flat matte, not too brightly shimmery. A casual look with a neutral tone and not as pale as a highlighter.

I'd like a soft golden colour with a touch of coppery sparkles.

The tone of the gold is what I'd like to be fussy about please. Not olive or mustard in tone please. Angelic or Juiced are a good tone but a little deeper in depth, maybe leaning towards the depth of Mahalo or the amazing Glory. Papyrus was too yellow for my skin tone but would otherwise have been a close fit for depth. The shadows that perfectly compliments my skin tone are Phantom and Model, so a gold that could compliment that family would help? .... and a flutter of pretty coppery sparkles please :) -x-

Thankies muchly.
That sounds like the most awesome color. I second this!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
carro

Post by carro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Someone mentioned in another thread the idea of a flattery that is not pink... Wouldn´t that be great for Valentine´s - a warmer version of flattery, not darker, not more shimmery just warmer?
Not as dark as tempt tryst and not as sparkely as liberty, with some nice interferance colors.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

carro wrote:Someone mentioned in another thread the idea of a flattery that is not pink... Wouldn´t that be great for Valentine´s - a warmer version of flattery, not darker, not more shimmery just warmer?
Not as dark as tempt tryst and not as sparkely as liberty, with some nice interferance colors.

Oh, yes please!
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 pm

I prefer the vegan formula. I use peach and olive to mix mine. I hope those will still be available.

I would like to see valentines-day flavors for lip balms. Champagne, chocolate, etc etc.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 pm

egerandi wrote:
lov2read68 wrote:
jien wrote:Karen, hope you feel better now!

I don't have any color suggestions but would like to request for a no rinse facial cleanser -- something that can remove all mineral makeup, yet doesn't strip your face so you won't need a moisturizer. It will be extremely useful after a long night when you just want to slump into bed.
I second this. Something along the lines of a cleansing water - NARS, Dior, Caudalie, Lancome, etc.
Or in a form of a towelette? :)
YES! I just started using makeup wipes and I love having that option.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:41 am

egerandi wrote:
carro wrote:Someone mentioned in another thread the idea of a flattery that is not pink... Wouldn´t that be great for Valentine´s - a warmer version of flattery, not darker, not more shimmery just warmer?

Oh, yes please!
Yes, yes, yes! Though I truly love Flattery and will continue to use it.

Getting back to my lippie obsession... If we do get some new lippies this time around I hope a few are full-coverage, as in the fabulous Combustion formula, especially if they have a creme or matte finish.
For me, the ULTIMATE would be a Combustion formula ALG :D
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
MagRo

Post by MagRo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm

I just remembered a major wish! A finishing powder (I would prefer either pure silk or just a white one like blur) pressed in a compact for my purse! I've tried various ways of carrying loose powder and none of them work well!

(a tiny compact is better than a large one- a refillable one would be genius!)
Lalama

Post by Lalama » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 pm

MagRo wrote:I just remembered a major wish! A finishing powder (I would prefer either pure silk or just a white one like blur) pressed in a compact for my purse! I've tried various ways of carrying loose powder and none of them work well!

I was just thinking about this today at work! I don't bring any powder to work with me because it would be much too messy for my purse... and was thinking I wish I had a small pressed compact to touch up 8-)
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Lalama wrote:
MagRo wrote:I just remembered a major wish! A finishing powder (I would prefer either pure silk or just a white one like blur) pressed in a compact for my purse! I've tried various ways of carrying loose powder and none of them work well!

I was just thinking about this today at work! I don't bring any powder to work with me because it would be much too messy for my purse... and was thinking I wish I had a small pressed compact to touch up 8-)
I'm not sure how feasible it is for SN to start making pressed makeup, but as someone who has pressed lots of mineral makeup herself, I think maybe having a pressing kit would be neat. It would have all you need, fractionated coconut oil, an empty compact, and something to press down with that fits the shape of the compact. This way you can press not just your finishing powder, but maybe your foundation, or blush :) And there can be instructions, and a little video(I'll gladly make one for you SN if you want) as to how to use it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Oxana124 wrote:
Lalama wrote:

I'm not sure how feasible it is for SN to start making pressed makeup, but as someone who has pressed lots of mineral makeup herself, I think maybe having a pressing kit would be neat. It would have all you need, fractionated coconut oil, an empty compact, and something to press down with that fits the shape of the compact. This way you can press not just your finishing powder, but maybe your foundation, or blush :) And there can be instructions, and a little video(I'll gladly make one for you SN if you want) as to how to use it.
Until this comes to pass... I load powder into a smaller size retractable kabuki brush, cap it, and toss it in my purse. It works well enough for touch-ups. I use a retractable lip brush to carry concealer in the same manner.
;)
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel