Let's talk kits...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Let's talk kits...

Post by karen » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 pm

What are you in the mood for?? What would you like to see?

What are some of your favorites that you keep reaching for time and time again? What color are you kind of looking at, but don't know how or where you'd wear it?

I'm working on some skin care kits at the moment, and I love the idea of more kits like the Bombshell.

What do you have in mind??
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
cclee00

Re: Let's talk kits...

Post by cclee00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm forum-stalking tonight. ;)

Skincare kits sound awesome! I will almost certainly buy one.

Imho, I would love kits for a "complete look" like the Bombshell, with something for the eyes, cheeks, and lips. Maybe a natural look, with something like Model, Lovelace, and Aria/Maiden; smoky, with Storm Cloud, Raven, Maybe Baby, and Centerfold? I'm not feeling very inspired, so that's all I have. Although a kit with a bright color or two and instructions for working with it would be nice - I know a lot of people have trouble working with bright eyeshadows.

I love the little instructional eye look cards, too. They help with inspiration on those days when I can't think of anything interesting to wear.

However, I'm a sucker for kits, seriously, and I'm hopelessly addicted to SN and firmly believe your products are lovely and superior in every way. Therefore I will likely love anything you come up with. :)

I did just see on the V-Day thread that zeebs mentioned a vibrant mattes eyeshadow kit, which sounded interesting.

Hopefully that helps in some way, and hopefully someone else will mention something more inspired than I can come up with.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 pm

I want a spa kit. That has bath products, lotion, etc. Just for one use - like a big pampering kit of all different products and treatments in sample sizes.

Maybe a foot kit? Foot scrub and lotion and maybe polish?
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 pm

zeebs wrote:I want a spa kit. That has bath products, lotion, etc. Just for one use - like a big pampering kit of all different products and treatments in sample sizes.
I'll stop posting eventually, but that sounds amazing. Makeup and bath and body products are my selfish indulgences. :)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 am

Some initial thoughts...
I would enjoy eyeshadow kits that are designed to compliment certain eye colors (perhaps also addressing the person's skin tone) and also contain at least one bright or unusual "pop" color.

For example, I am fairly adventurous with make-up, and quite willing to experiment on my own. But I can only get away blues, greens, and bright purples if they are carefully placed as an accent while relying on the more neutral colors to hold it all together (for daytime at least :D ), and it has to be the right shade.
I do notice that when people post threads asking for advice on color, they tend to describe their own coloring for frame of reference.
I love bright "statement" colors. Any way I can work them into a composition and still look refined...well, that makes me very happy :P

And perhaps a basic kit for the whole face based skin and eye color, with "pop" options for both eye and lip...a set that could be added to (designed for) over time.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
JenK

Post by JenK » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:33 am

I love kits of any type!!
Lippies Palette: What about grouping colors? Red Palette, Plum Palette...think you all get the idea. This is a great way to try the colors w/o having to purchase a large tube size. Or ALG's or Shimmer or Matte Palettes.
Eye: What about offering eye colors kits in smaller sizes...again we can try the color, but not have to get a large size. I love the idea of kits based on eye color. Also Matte/pearl/shimmer kits based on eye color.
Combo Kits: Evening Out, Natural, On the Prowl, Work...maybe, eye, lip, cheek color??
Skin Care Kit: I LOVE anything skincare, so anything would make me happy!!!
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:48 am

Well that's easy. Make a Spring-look kit! You know, the light fresh pretty colors for eyes, cheek, and lips. Pretty pink or peach colors or throw in a pop of coral or bright pink. A nice highlighting color that works for the eyes and face simultaneously.
It's all the rage on the runways. And for SN newcomers I think that will ease their way to the vast incredible SN collections.

Actually it will be beautiful if everything's pressed and arranged in a nifty little palette, but I know how you feels about it, Karen. So maybe a fusion of attached hinged-containers and an array of palettes for lippies and/or concealers and/or cream blush?
I don't think this might be feasible for the coming collection, but you can consider this for the next. Although I really have no idea where to find such fusion palette/container.
tracyb

Post by tracyb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:58 pm

I really love kits/palettes also. I am not creative and kits help me try things I normally wouldn't. It is also so helpful when trying to get ready for work and the kids ready for school to have a kit to work from rather than scrambling to find the right 2 eye shadows, etc.

An eye kit with coordinating shadows, liner (cream or shadow) and instructions for different looks.

A blush kit based on skin tone.

A lip kit based on skin tone.

Maybe kits that are more conservative or adventurous.

Great idea!
Charz

Post by Charz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 am

JenK wrote: Lippies Palette: What about grouping colors? Red Palette, Plum Palette...think you all get the idea. This is a great way to try the colors w/o having to purchase a large tube size. Or ALG's or Shimmer or Matte Palettes.
Eye: What about offering eye colors kits in smaller sizes...again we can try the color, but not have to get a large size. I love the idea of kits based on eye color. Also Matte/pearl/shimmer kits based on eye color.
I love these ideas in particular! SN has such huge collections of beautiful colours that I always want to try, but I can't justify wasting products when they don't work out for me. Especially with lip and eye colours - a little goes such a long way.

Any chance of an Eyelights kit with smaller quantities? I think they'd be a great intro kit for people who don't normally wear eyeshadow, like myself.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Skincare Kits
It would be great if there were a full-size (or sample-sized) basic intro kit (ideally with multiple drop-down menus on one page where you pick a cleanser, serum, and moisturizer at a discounted price) an acne-sensitive kit (BHA, green tea serum, hemp moisturizer, wasabi stick), and a "Beauty At Every Age" kit with products that target the problems we face as we get older (Awesome Sauce, Holy Crow, Super Serum, Argan Moisturizer, etc.)

Bath & Body Kits
I love the idea of the spa kit(bath melts, body oil, something fizzy, a great lotion), and also the idea of a "Tips & Toes" kit (a bottle of clear or white polish for adding pigment to, drying drops, moisture magic, cuticle cream) or a "Girl's Night" Kit (masks, lotions, red lipstick, and something chocolate)

Make-up Kits
It would be nice to have a matte makeup tin (a universal nude lip-caramel maybe?, Basic matte tan 3 color eye), an ethereal kit with shimmers (gold blush or sparkle lippie, some very shimmery eye colors, and one of the cream hi-lighters, and a sample-sized stick-em), a "Go Bold or Go Home" tin (with some of thea's brights, a black shadow, and a buildable stain) and a "Make 'Em Pop" eye kit (a basic creamy hi-lite like vanilla or homecoming queen or nova- paired with a series of outer colors for a 2 color eye, and a tiny pod of cream liner)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com