Eye shadow close to Splendid?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
egerandi

Eye shadow close to Splendid?

Post by egerandi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm travelling with minimal arsenal, and needed something quick and easy for my eyes as I was wearing Hot Blooded on lips. I happened to have a sample-sized Splendid (works pretty well when I want something more luminous on my cheeks), so I reached for that one because all the shadows I packed were either too muted or too bright or too pink. Turns out, it's the perfect understated goldish/creamish/sparklish (sorry) color. It gave a bit of something on my eyes, didn't have to leave it bare to let Hot Blooded do its thing. It also worked quite nicely with my blue eyes. I may already own something like it, does anyone have an idea which gold-ish shadow it is? I'm thinking, I may just mix Cream with Homecoming Queen? Or perhaps something darker, like Bond and Cream? HQ seems a bit too bright and light on me as one wash and Bond is too gold for what Splendid is.
Cupcake

Re: Eye shadow close to Splendid?

Post by Cupcake » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Hiya hope you're having a great time!

I'm thinking Sonic. Maybe Juiced or Whisper, though Whisper leans a little towards a nude fleshy pink. Any good?
egerandi

Re: Eye shadow close to Splendid?

Post by egerandi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Cupcake wrote:Hiya hope you're having a great time!

I'm thinking Sonic. Maybe Juiced or Whisper, though Whisper leans a little towards a nude fleshy pink. Any good?
Yes, I'm loving my vacation on the motherland/continent :)

Sonic may work, but I'd have to tone it down with Cream. I'll try that when I get home. Whisper is very sparkly and pinky, and Juiced is light, but I'll experiment. If nothing else, it's time to get a F/S of Splendid and make it multitask :)