Liquid wand glosses.

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
sunnyray

Liquid wand glosses.

Post by sunnyray » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:57 pm

I wish for more liquid wand glosses in the original flavor. Something to replace Ambrosia would be nice.ALso a beautiful summer pink gloss.Even a light frosted pink.HA HA NO I am not kidding.Something along the lines of a Barbie pink not like the Icing which I do love.Some Blue tones in the pink would be great for summer. Actually sweet pea in the gloss formula would be wonderful but It seems like you have no plans for a summer collection.Thanks for everything Karen. Your company is just great! I hope you have a wonderful and restful summer!
Oxana124

Re: Liquid wand glosses.

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 am

Innocent is a light pink with cool tones, have you tried it? I think it fits the description of the pink you are looking for. I think it is lighter in real life than it looks on site.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm actually stopping production of the liquid doe foot wand glosses and switching them over to the Slick Sticks. The doe foot applicators don't wow me- IMHO they don't build up the gloss or color enough to give you the full effect. But I know the bigger packaging doesn't thrill a lot of the original doe-foot fans either.

So the Slick Stick is a win/win/win (the folks who couldn't use the minty ALG's) solution to that. IMHO the gloss level is about the same as the doe foot wands, the ingredients are the same, and so is the scent.

I'm in the middle of a few projects at the moment, but hope to start thinking about them in detail in a few weeks.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 pm

karen wrote:I'm actually stopping production of the liquid doe foot wand glosses and switching them over to the Slick Sticks. The doe foot applicators don't wow me- IMHO they don't build up the gloss or color enough to give you the full effect. But I know the bigger packaging doesn't thrill a lot of the original doe-foot fans either.

So the Slick Stick is a win/win/win (the folks who couldn't use the minty ALG's) solution to that. IMHO the gloss level is about the same as the doe foot wands, the ingredients are the same, and so is the scent.

I'm in the middle of a few projects at the moment, but hope to start thinking about them in detail in a few weeks.
Karen,

Are you switching all of the doe foot glosses over to the Slick Sticks or just select ones? Or, are you just going to make comparable shades? The reason I ask is because of Ginny.....I am in love with that gloss! While I do prefer the doe foot applicator (I actually get great color build-up with this wand - I'll post a picture), it is the color I really care about.

Thanks!
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:28 pm

I don't plan to get rid of any colors, but I know that 3/4 of the pigments in Ginny were discontinued- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can clone it, or dig up enough of the pigment to last a while (a possibility- I'm doing a pigment inventory soon). My plan was to pull out the doe foot colors take a look at them, and decide whether they'd be better to stay as a liquid or convert them to a Slick Stick.

That's where I'm a little torn- a color like Ginny, or Summer Fling- goes to a Slick Stick (or a doe foot), and I'm excited about it because deep down I do think it's an improvement, but a color that you'd layer like Icing or Coy- hmmm. I'm not sure.

I really have to think about it and play with some things to see how it all pans out. But I have no plans to discontinue any of the colors. I never want to discontinue colors- it has to happen sometimes, but it kills me to do it.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:38 pm

If this is a giant mistake let me know before I shoot myself in the foot...on paper it seems like a good idea, but I never really know.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 pm

That sounds like an awesome idea to me personally, because most of the SN solid lippies have such a glossy finish to them, I really never feel the need to wear a liquid gloss on top, unless it is strictly for the purposes of layering another color over them(like Coy for making colors more milky, etc.).
The solid lippies are easier and quicker to apply just due to their nature, just swipe them on and go, and you get both color and a glossy shine, they are really a 2 in 1 product in my opinion.

I think the Slick Sticks would just need to be marketed as a liquid gloss in solid form, so people understand. Like "Slick Sticks are essentially a liquid lip gloss. We made our liquid glosses just solid enough to be in a tube. And now you get the same ease and convenience of application as a solid product, but with the same glossy shine of a liquid lip gloss!" :)

And I hope Coy and Icing can be turned into Slick Sticks, I would be ridiculously excited for that, because I love those two! I know you mentioned before that because Coy is shimmer-free it needed to be in a liquid form, or something like that if I am remembering correctly. So if it needs to have a little bit of fine shimmer to it so it can successfully be a Slick Stick, that would be fine with me.
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm

i am no fan at all of the bigger glosses with brush applicators, but to be completely honest, there is not a single liquid gloss that i bought for formula or packaging reasons, purely for colour.

if i could choose between a liquid doe foot applicator gloss and a solid stick in the same colour, i would totally go for the solid. they are so much easier to apply without a mirror, and i actually find many of the kisser slickers and algs glossier than the liquid glosses. also, i've noticed that the liquid glosses go off faster than kisser slickers and algs.

i think solid glosses is one of the (many) things that makes sn unique ;) now i cannot wait to get my first slick stick in the mail!!
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:14 pm

bellatete wrote: i actually find many of the kisser slickers and algs glossier than the liquid glosses.
I totally wear the clear ALG over other lip colors as a clear liquid gloss :) It is so nice and glossy!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Solid Coy!!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek