Summer 2013 is LIVE!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Summer 2013 is LIVE!!

Post by karen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Summer Summer Summer!!! Nothing is quite as fun, quite as laid-back, or quite as busy as summer!
So we have a nice little roundup of items that are perfect for relaxing days on the beach, parties at night, and little things to help keep you moving when it all becomes a bit crazy.

The theme for this is Superheros because you’re all Super Women! It amazes me to see some of your adventures, and the things you’re able to pull off. This one is dedicated to you!

For starters we have the Gadgets and Gizmos section. Frankly, I was a little tipsy and shopping on a wholesale site for MAC goodies, and it just seemed like a fun idea.

We’ve tested the items, they work, and the Japanese Towel is just amazing. Grab one- you won’t be sorry!

Then we have Lippiepalooza!!! 20- yes 20 new lippies! We converted all of the old doe-foot wands into Slick Sticks so they’re easier to use and have better color payoff. A lot of the colors are exactly the same, but there were a few that needed to be reformulated because the manufacturer discontinued the pigments (story of my life). I forgot to send the tubes to Jen so the Jen swatches are coming a little later this week.

Bright bright lippies seem to be all the rage now, and I decided to make some. They needed a thicker, more stay put formula so I put something together that I hope you like as much as I do. It’s a little creamier, doesn’t seem to feather, lasts comfortably on your lips at least 2 hours- and from there the pigment keeps going, and has a shelf life of at least a year. If you told me they were still fine 2-3 years from now I wouldn’t be surprised.

Then we just HAD to make Doubloons into a cream shadow. It’s far and away our best seller- we have people who buy 10 jars at a time just because it is soooo pretty. And now it’s Marvel- a cream eye color.

And we have a Stress Relief roller ball fragrance- super nice, smells great, and does actually seem to be calming.

I can’t live without Flame Out- it’s something I’ve been making for a few years, and it keeps me moving. It’s great for sore, tired muscles, and it has a lot of anti-oxidants and aloe so it’s great if you have a sunburn. It’s not Solarcaine- it won’t numb it, but it should help you heal.

Limited edition??? Honestly I haven’t thought it through that far. The Slick Sticks and Marvel are staying. The new lipsticks are on a trial basis- it’s sort of a test run, and that is an intro price. If they go full time they’ll be about $1.00 more.

Have a fun, wonderful Summer, and as always THANK YOU for being Super Women!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
packgal

Re: Summer 2013 is LIVE!!

Post by packgal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I love the gadgets and gizmos! So exciting to see all the lippies too. I can't find the roller ball or the Flame Out in the new products section though. Going to save up some spending $ this month to hopefully make an order :D
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm

We had a blast with the gadgets and gizmos- they're fun to shop for, and fun to test out. I hope you all love them too :) EEEks! I'm Jen-less this release (she's off having fun!) thank you for catching it!! It should be all set :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I placed my order! So excited for this collection I almost went into labor (j/k, but seriously this little guy should be coming any day now).
A lot of the lip gloss colors were my all time favorites, and with the new formula they will be so much quicker and easier to apply, I'm going to have a hard time choosing a color to wear every day because I'm going to want to wear them all!
I couldn't resist that scrubby towel, sounded too good!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:30 pm

GASP! :o A lot of lovely awesomness here, you have been busybusybusy!!
Hope you got the car problem out of the way, things like that always seem to happen at the most unconvenient time :roll:

Zap, Betty (pink with green, oh yes please!!) and Smooth Operator straight into wishlist for next round of ordering...Too bad I won`t be able to order in time to get the purse for lippies, it was super cute!!
LOVE that you do some non-eyeshadow gwp, mix things up a little, love that!!

The Flamout sounds neat! Love the name too, much cooler (pun intended!) than my First Aid Balm - FAB suggestion, lol

Annnnd, Swank is back! I can almost hear happy squeeling from the other side of the world from where I am sitting in little Norway, Oxana and others will be sooo happy!!

...now the only thing I have to figure out is if I should get Marvel or just choose Doubloons as my freebie with purchase over $30 :lol:

Tools and accesories isn`t opened yet, be fun to see what that holds too :D

Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Oh yes, I was over the moon to see Swank! :) And Betty sounds awesome, I have been wishing for a pink with green interference.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Is that really SWANK I see listed?!?! OMG, I love you Karen!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 pm

I placed my order! Got a TOOONNNN of the new/old reformulated lippies and some new new ones too! And finally ordered the cream liner palette! And some much needed skincare and some eyeshadows as well. Can't wait!!! :D

I never did get swank before but I'm looking forward to trying it, and Betty is coming home to me too!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:12 pm

I anxiously checked the forum a couple hours ago to see if you'd said anything and then checked the store home page just in case - and there it was!! Everything from the gadgets section went straight in my cart - THANK YOU for the epitweeze! I've been wanting to try one because my facial skin can't handle wax, but they're so expensive! I'm over the moon! And I gasped out loud, really, when I saw Swank! Yay!!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Mairi

Post by Mairi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Karen, is there any chance you could add Bohemian to the line up, for those of us who didn't get the MAC? I'd really love to try it!