Lippie Formula Poll

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!

Should we convert the vegan glosses to Slick Sticks?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Yes! I love the Slick Sticks
83%
No! I love Vegan Kisser Slickers
4%
Meh...I'm not bothered either way.
13%

Total votes: 24
karen
Site Admin

Lippie Formula Poll

Post by karen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:13 pm

We have too many lippie formulas...they all sort of serve a purpose, but it gets to be a lot. A lot for us to make, a lot for you to sort through when you're shopping, and a lot for newbies to understand when they click on the lippie page.

I came up with the new vegan lipstick formula because I felt that some of the deeper colors were sliding around a little too much. The new formula is a little thicker, and it does hold pigment better.

I'm going to convert our existing lipstick colors all over to the new formula. The question is what do we do with the glosses. Personally I'd love to switch them over to Slick Sticks, and do away with the original vegan formula all together.

How does that sound to you?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
cclee00

Re: Lippie Formula Poll

Post by cclee00 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Which glosses would those be? The VLGs like Sparkle and Black Dahlia, or the few remaining liquid glosses in the big tubes?
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
catlover

Post by catlover » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Karen that sounds like a good plan, to be honest I think the new lipstick formula is better than the older formula for all the reasons you mentioned and also because I find it more comfortable on the lips. I also love the slick sticks so convert away! :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 pm

It would be the VLG's like Black Dahlia. I like having a liquid formula on the site. BTW- I was looking at some other packaging, and I figured out what's causing the splaying bristles. The bristles stick on the side of the tube when you put it back in, and they stay that way. To avoid it just pull the wand back up a little once it's in the tube so they flatten down. I've been on the hunt for something different, but haven't seen anything really promising yet.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
LT16

Post by LT16 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:52 pm

I can't tell bw Kisser Slickers and Slick Sticks. Since it's so similar (to me anyway) I think it's a good idea to convert them to SS.

Now, can we have a poll on everyone's favorite lip formula? Mine would be ALG all the way!!!! :)
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I love the new slick stick formula! I haven't tried the new lipsticks yet, but of the few I own of the old formula-I chose them for color, not formula and would not be at all opposed to them being converted to the new!
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:58 pm

As long as the new slick sticks remain vegan, I wouldn't have a problem with the switch.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Mairi

Post by Mairi » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:39 pm

I really, really like the VLGs. I don't know how to compare them to the slick sticks because I don't like the colors of ss as much so don't wear them often.

Can you explain how the formulas differ?
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:34 pm

I love the feel of the VLG on my lips - it's so lucious, but they crumble/fall apart really easily in heat - I can't carry them around with me in the summer.

I wouldn't mind at all if you switched to the slick sticks - just don't discontinue "Sparkle" and keep them vanilla scented and lightly sweetened :) :) :)
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:08 pm

The Slick Stick formula is very nice.
And I will love having colours like Crimson and Cayenne in a formula that does not bleed.
Thank you for all that you do!
Maeva
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel