Best Birthday Ever!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Re: Best Birthday Ever!

Post by Ghost » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Glad the colours for cure did really well karen

Even though I love the night, I'm not one for the night life (clubbing, drinking - not me). On my birthday I prefer to spend the money I would use for going out and go SHOPPING during the day, then maybe go to the cinema later on (if anything good is showing) and then always a pizza in the evening and I LOVE it. Pizza and family for a quiet night in.

But my best birthday days would have to be when I was between 7 until 10. As my birthday is a couple of days before halloween I had dress up halloween party. When I was a kid fancy dress party weren't heard of much (especially halloween ones) so mind were a big hit. We (mum and older sister) would spend a few days before the party decorating the house with lovely halloween nic-nacs. And every year we would make up a hallowen menu - Fingers in blood my favourite (sausages and red sauce (ketchup)), maggot sandwiches (grated cheese), Frankenstein’s brain sandwiches (ham), witches bath water (coke), sliced worms and eyeballs (cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks), witches dandruff (crisps - potatoes chips) you guys get the picture lol. And it wouldn’t be a halloween party without bobbing for apples - soooooooo much fun.

The kids had sooo much imagination to dressing up, my friend Charles would dress up as Merlin (remember this is before Harry Potter), I even had a mummy, werewolf, vampire and Frankenstein. All I was missing was a camera. But me I dressed up as my favourite scary character still to this day - Beetlejuice!!!!! (big Tim Burton fan) The year after that I was Mrs Beetlejuice. I had a strip black and white outfit, my sister let me borrow her hairspray and she spiked up my hair, then I had talc powder in my hair and on my face with dark circles around my eyes and mouth. I still have a tiny scar on my face where my sister accidentally scratched me when I sneezed during the beetlejuice transformation :twisted:

So for me they were one of the best times and my friends to this day still remember those parties. :twisted:
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
lcash

Re: Best Birthday Ever!

Post by lcash » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm

What fun! I can just picture the Betelgeuse disguises! Halloween lends itself well to parties, doesn't it? It was the first "teen" party I ever threw (may have been the last, also!) We served chilled eyeballs (grapes), brain salad (don't ask!), intestines-on-ice (oiled spaghetti), witches' brew (some kind of punch with dry ice to make steam/smoke), and some other pretty disgusting things. It's funny to think back on it - social occasions at 14 years old were very traumatic, especially if the boy you secretly loved was there!! :lol: Lauren