"She's got the Blues...."

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
lcash

"She's got the Blues...."

Post by lcash » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi, ladies,
I'd like to create a kit for my sister for Christmas, and need some help with eyeshadows. I'm sure she'll wear the same foundation and blushes as me, but not too sure with the es. She has very large, very blue eyes (just call me jealous - mine are hazel and about 3/4 the size). Should I go with blues or is it better to go with something contrasting like purples, greens or browns? She is fair, burns REALLY easily, and has light brown hair. She's an elementary teacher, but likes to dress up and go out whenever possible. Of course, I'm sending her the CURE lippies. What other suggestions do you have? Thanks in advance, Lauren
~*mikie*~

Re: "She's got the Blues...."

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:11 pm

I personally would go with the purples, greens, browns that *you* like, Lauren!

Read your posts in the other topics, Lauren ~ you *go*, girl! You & Sarah both had VERY nifty parties!!! Also liked your tip in the Wish list folder for using PP as *primer* on lids AND as anchor for the cream liners! And no, i wasn't going to post on each of those threads to tell you so, LOL ~ *because* then my danged name is up there in lights as Last Poster EVERYWHERE :o & it would appear that nobody'd been here. ;) Much better seeing yours!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
lcash

Post by lcash » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi, Mikie,
I'd love to give her Vineyard, but there's no way that one's leaving my possession unless Karen will break it out again (hint, hint!!!) Lauren
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:32 am

I love Plush for my blue/green eyes; also I recommend Idolize. You could consider Bling, or some of the other gold colors (anybody jump in here). Anything in the purple family is good but try to stay on the red side of purple rather than the blue side for blue eyes. I would avoid blues in general - they tend to distract from the eye color. Greys with blue hints are okay (think Rebel or something like that) but avoid true blues (Sapphire, etc) that are close to the eye color as they look unnatural. But that's just, like, my opinion. So anybody else feel free to contradict me.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am

Zeebs & Mikie have me on a copper kick- it picks up the highlights in the hair, and glimmers in the eyes. Right now the elegant browns quad isn't a bad bet- BUT- knowing what *I* know about what's coming out for holiday- I'd hold off on any non-limited edition purchases, unless you're a super early Christmas shopper.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lcash

Post by lcash » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 am

Thanks, ladies, you've given me some good choices. Karen, what do you have up your sleeve now? I hope whatever treats you are thinking about for gift giving will be revealed early enough for holiday mailing!! Can't wait to see what you're up to! :D Lauren
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:24 pm

I agree, Lauren! WHAT A TEASE, ROFGiggling!!! Treats in store!!!
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm just in the beginning planning stages- over the summer we had a couple of interns, and for their last day we had an eye shadow making party. They designed a fantastic quad that when I looked at it- I said "That's Christmas"- just absolutely perfect for the season. So far- that's all I have that's solid.

What would you like for Christmas?? (my father was Santa's "helper" for years, I guess it runs in the family)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lcash

Post by lcash » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:31 pm

hmmmmm....In my mmu stocking, I think I'd like to see dark blue and dark green (emerald-ish) cream eyeliners. What about some fairy dust to sprinkle on my hair? Or a really yummy wintery fragrance? Mascara with the slightest tinge of blue, green or purple? A stiff(er) eyebrow brush? A super emollient set of lippies to prevent/soothe chapped lips? Measuring spoon sets with "smidgen, pinch and dash" so we can mix larger amounts (I always lose count after about 6 ivory and then it's a guessing game!) I'm sure you've got lots of ideas up your sleeve. Funny - when you ask what we want, I can come up with a few ideas. When you show us your latest creations, I have to have them all!! :D Lauren
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:46 am

YES! Go with the elegant browns quad. I am so excited to buy it!!! It looks like it would be perfect for blue eyes, and all different kinds of looks. And probably good for lots of different skin tones, too.