Lipstick tube label?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fluttershy

Lipstick tube label?

Post by fluttershy » Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 am

I purchased a tube of Velma at the beginning of April, and it's really lovely! I don't use it very often (maybe once a week) and I keep it in the little silver pouch I received as part of last year's MAC offering along with all my other lip products from Silk Naturals. However, I went to use it today and noticed the label has almost entirely rubbed off - I can't even read the color name anymore!

Is there anything I can do to prolong the life of my labels? The kisser slicker and ALG tubes have been kicking around in my little pouch for ages with no issues, but this poor VLS is barely a month old. The only reason I have no trouble picking it out from the rest is because it currently is the only other VLS I carry around, but I recently purchased Strut and now I worry that label will rub off too and I'll have trouble telling them apart.
shiny

Re: Lipstick tube label?

Post by shiny » Mon May 19, 2014 11:41 am

Maybe wrap a little clear scotch tape around them?
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Yep, that's been happening to me for a while. Even in my purse the labels get faded. So like shiny suggested, I wrap tape around them. It works great. I have a large collection by now (!) so if I pull one out for the day and it hasn't been "protected," I take 2 seconds and tape it! About 3/4 of an inch wraps around the label beautifully and it also helps keep the label on the tube (some of my older tubes are unsticking slightly). I use it so the tape width covers the name but for longer names sometimes I'll run the tape along the length of the tube. If you catch the faded tubes in time you can usually still figure out what they are - I had a tube of Foreplay and could make out only the e and a but I figured it out based on the color. Hope that works for you! :)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 am

I've had that same problem, as well as the labels lifting/peeling from the tube even when brand new. Now I just put tape over the labels as soon as my package arrives, works like a charm!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed May 28, 2014 1:18 pm

The other trick is to put them in a coin purse instead of just in your pocket or floating around loose in your purse. It's not quite as good as packing tape, but it helps.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten