We're waaaaay too quiet

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
~*mikie*~

We're waaaaay too quiet

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:04 am

I *know* I am not the *only* one who peeks in here,LOL! Think we ought to leave a little "calling card" like folks did many years ago? ;)

We can at least keep each other company & keep each other from haunting the website while the pros are loading new stuff!

Will share a bit of what's "new" in my little life. Hubby & his brothers *started* tearing off our old roof & applying a new one....way back in August, I think? They did the BACK HALF of the house. NOTHING has gotten touched on the FRONT HALF...& it's NOVEMBRRRRRRRRR already & was only 10 measley degrees this morning, sigh. There is a HUGE stack of roofing material not far from our front door, hehe, so EVERY day I get a reminder of what's been left undone. Michael insists it'll "get done this year", LOL....though he's going to run out of days in *this year* in no time flat. I try to just go with the flow & not mention it...he has to face that same pile every day, too.

i'm one who keeps strange hours..up at 2AM daily & to bed for the night at 6PM. Hubby's hours are *not* the same, so I go to bed & listen to my tv while the cats & I settle down for the night. The tv in the bedroom suddenly started going OFF & ON *by itself* 2 weeks ago. I'd be in bed *without the sleep-timer thing on* & maybe 10 minutes later, the tv would shut itself OFF. CLICK. At 1st, I'd hop out of bed, sure that Michael had messed up & set the sleep timer for 10 minutes or something,hehe, but no way would the tv go back on for me, sigh. So I'd go back to bed & try to content myself by listening to the far-off sound of Michael's tv in the living room. Awhile later, a loud CLICK, like my tv was attempting to turn ITSELF on but wasn't successful. I'd wait...& sure enough, a few minutes later, *it* WOULD turn on by itself,lol. Within 15 minutes the cycle would repeat itself. Drove me *crazy* & was NOT conducive to dropping off to sleep. By yesterday, I'd HAD it with that routine, & we went to Sam's & I replaced my tv & got rid of the spooked one. I WAS a spooky thing, turning itself on & off at will.

OK, so my stories may not be exciting, LOL, but it's my life! How's yours? Any oddities?

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
marina16

Re: We're waaaaay too quiet

Post by marina16 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:27 am

It is pretty quiet here, huh? But I bet everyone's excited to see the new stuff Karen's coming out with. ;) We got some in-laws coming over and Tuesday we're all going to Missouri to my husband's parents' house for Thanksgiving. It should be fun, lots of family and food, but they don't have internet so I won't be able to log on until I get back home. :x I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet, probably do that after Thanksgiving. I also plan to decorate the house a bit (inside and out) to get into the Christmas spirit and help me get motivated, lol. But that's not until we get back. Today I gotta go do some Thanksgiving shopping.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:30 pm

I actually like it when things are quiet around the house and I know where everyone is.

I have a son soon to be a teenager. For those that have teenagers I don't think I need to go into details!

I have been checking Karen"s Vox log and into the forum and trying to be patient.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Quiet and boring would be very welcome at the moment. It's been one heck of a weekend. Never again- at last count there were 50-some new things,and I still have to add the kits. The last release was fun- even easy- because there were like 10 things. With 50 it's just too crazy. I've been typing for 2 days.

Mikie- I feel for you on the roof thing. I had a clogged drain for months back when we were first married- I mean months. I tried everything, and then begged DH to fix it,and nagged, and pleaded- one day I called Roto-Rooter- an hour and $75 later it was done. DH is kind of handy, and some stuff he enjoys, but anything where I have to ask more than twice- I hire someone. Divorce lawyers charge thousands, marriage counselors charge hundreds- mechanics, and good carpenters charge about $40 an hour ;)

Kit time! Your patience will be rewarded hopefully this evening.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Mikie, I soooooooooooooo sympathasize with you. We started to paint and remodel the inside of our house 4 years ago. The front and the 2 sides got paint the 1st year, but the back of the house is still awaiting a new coat of paint, 3 years later, So I live in the only 2 tone house on the block, ocean spray blue in the front and sides and navajo tan in the back. I still have 2 unframed windows in our bedroom and one in the spare bedroom and part of a wall of wallpaper that needs to be stripped so that we can paint the walls in our bedroom.

DH did have some reasonable excuse for not getting the back completed, he had to move to sheds that were up against the back of the house before he could paint it, and they collaped in the blizzard, 2 years ago, so everything had to be taken out of them. BUt this is getting old., by the time we get the house painted on the outside, I will be ready to paint it some other color again.

Hollis
lcash

Post by lcash » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi, everybody,
It's been an enforced quiet for me - no home internet for almost three weeks. It's supposed to be back up tonight 8-) We're doing home renovation stuff too. Hubby is now working in the guest bathroom to do floor and counter tile, fresh paint, replace the 1970's baby blue toilet and sink basin, light fixtures, etc. It will be great when it's done, but I couldn't do my makeup this morning in my usual lighting. Ended up using the rear view mirror, which worked OK, but a little cramped and I was scared to death of dropping a full powder jar on my black pants!! Tomorrow I'll just come to work early and do it here. Nothing worse than a makeup routine setback! :lol: Lauren
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi y'all,
I am all about keeping the makeup forum going constantly. I check in about a gazillion times a day, whether I have time or not.

The semester is winding down for me. Which means final projects for my own classes, grading for my students, registration for next term, etc etc. It's a stressful time of year.

I am also busy moving into a townhouse with my husband - we've been living apart (mostly) and out of suitcases for several months. I am so excited to settle into one place again.

And of course the holidays.

Hope things normalize at your house, Mikie.

L - I TOTALLY agree that nothing is worse than a makeup setback. I am already plotting my makeup organization system for the new place.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:43 am

Yikes on makeup setbacks! Or remodelling! Or tests! Life can be pretty crazy at times; thankfully, fluffing is wonderful little luxury-time where we can pretend there's nothing we can't handle if we just look our best ;-)!

Roof *still* sitting in the yard, ROFL! DID replace my tv for the bedroom so *I* could sleep.

Oh! Yesterday morning, at 1 AM, my cat Willie was behind my head. I reached back to pet her, as usual, & I realized she was edging toward the side of the bed. Hmmm. So I flipped over to see what she was so interested in. I spied her brother Abie beside the bed looking up at her...now, those 2 do *get into it* so I knew it must be playtime...yikes, at 1 AM...Just then, AROUND THE BACK of our headboard, a little face popped up!!!! OMGracious! Silky was *on* the baseboard heat-thing & was itching to play with the other 2! It was SO unexpected, I began to giggle. Tried to be quiet so as not to wake Michael, but the more I tried to contain myself, the funnier it struck me. When tears started running down my cheeks (happy attack, ROFL!) I figured I'd better get UP for the day so the kids could play merrily OUT of the bedroom. :D

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
marina16

Post by marina16 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:47 am

Has anyone done any Christmas shopping and decorating yet? So far I have only put up the 4-foot pre-lit tree up and my two toddlers always want to take off all the ornaments and rearrange them! LOL I want to decorate the outside of the house with lights, nothing too fancy. And as for presents I still haven't done anything. We plan to keep it just us four; my hubby, me, and our two kids. I was thinking getting presents just for the kids, but then I want to make a big order from SN so I think I gotta find something for my hubby too. :D And I still have greeting cards to mail! So yeah, I wayyy behind. :?