I actually fully fluffed today

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Rhys

I actually fully fluffed today

Post by Rhys » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 pm

After the:

a) food poisoning
b) flu
c) surgery
d) some weird coughing thing everyone got and I still have (I never get coughing things)
e) Wald having some heinous eye infection that the doctor said could land him in hospital (he's okay so far and has medicine for it, and I hope he gets better soon, and I really really hope it isn't catching)

This house has just been one illness after another.

I fluffed. Possibly OTT, but I don't care. Now, I've been pretty good at at least doing my face, but (horrors!) I've let the eyeshadow go recently. And I'm still having that post-anaesthesia skin purge, and purging a little more thanks to GoW (I'm trying to get those under-the-skin bumps to the surface so they'll be banishable). Did I mention that my foundation still doesn't look cakey and fake? Or that SN is the only foundation I've found so far that never goes cakey on me? Enough! You get the idea :)

So it went:

Foundation (1 tsp white base to 2 scoops ebony and 1 scoop warm gold)
Datebait
Flirt blush
Cherub (pink glow)
Hot Blooded Lipgloss (have I mentioned how much I love this lippie? The longer I have it the more I like it - it may be the excitement of finally having a wearable red, but it is such a GREAT colour!)

Eyes:
Sprite on the inner third of lid and under the browbone
Idolize on the middle third of the lid
Legend for the outside of the lid and < >
Upper lashline wetlined with Legend (I seem to be on a coppery kick lately)
Lower lashline wetlined with Taupetastic for the outer half, and Sprite for the inner half
Soft black mascara (this is a switch - I'd been using brown, but soft black works nicely - it's the black black I have to stay away from if that makes any sense)

All of which came out Very Shiny, but actually it's not bad. I love that SN eye colours can be layered so you don't end up with too much of a good thing, and that they're so easy to blend. Still, it's probably more an evening look than a daytime one. And Karen - thank you for making not-boring greys! I really don't know what I'd do without Idolize, Taupetastic, Wink-Wink, and Lurid. I lurve my greens and purples, too, but grey is a good colour for me - just so many people's greys just look...dead. Yours don't.
JenW

Re: I actually fully fluffed today

Post by JenW » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:54 pm

I am so glad to hear you are feeling much better! I am amazed at your long list of ilnesses, and am afraid to list ours! I don't want to know how bad it has been, here, but I think I can somewhat relate to what you have been dealing with.

I don't think any makeup is OTT when feeling a little withdrawl! You got to start with a BANG, so that when life gets back to normal, you are ready for it. You had fun, and after all, isn't that really the point?

I also agree with you on Karen's greys. They are quite complex and loverly!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
~*mikie*~

Re: I actually fully fluffed today

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:48 pm

GOOD GIRL, Rhys!!! You did me proud!!! :D You had a lot of making up to do,LOL!

Used Mink on inner half of lid, Chocolate Twinkle (hope I'm not making that up,ROFL!) on the outer half, & a liner I've had for years in < > & as liner. Tart blush, Angel Glow as highlights, Damsel lippie. NATURALLY, Date Bait & Love Lure!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)