Jen will be off line until Monday, Dec 1.

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
JenW

Jen will be off line until Monday, Dec 1.

Post by JenW » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:19 am

I'll be busy for a few days. I am headed to visit my Sister in New Jersey. This will be a tough Thanksgiving as my Mother passed 10 years ago on the day before Thanksgiving. I am just glad I have the chance to go.

Happy Thanksgiving to our American members and lurkers (yes, you too!). Have a safe holiday!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Cupcake

Re: Jen will be off line until Monday, Dec 1.

Post by Cupcake » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:37 am

Safe travels, and may your time with family be blessed.
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 am

Thank you, Helena!

I really appreciate all of the encouragement you have given me as well as the thanks from you. It is people like you that make this job so easy and fun!

You have a lovely weekend, yourself! And congrats on winning the contest!
Faves-
lcash

Post by lcash » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Travel safe, Jen. You may find it comforting to be able to reminisce with your family about your mom. God Bless. Lauren
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Happy trails, Jen, & safe travelling! Being w/family will be comforting. I understand all too well the bittersweet feelings the anniversary & holidays in general bring. Just stay safe & hug your sister! And say hello for me if it's the gal I met!!!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Jen, travel safely and enjoy the holiday. I understand the bittersweet emotions around the Holidays, but time spent with family is always the best healer.With that in mind you and your sis will enjoy sharing your memories of the many Thanksgivings that your Mom was a part of. Prayers go with you while you travel to and fro.
Hollis
krenee

Post by krenee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Hey Jen, just wanted to say hi and hope you had a good holiday and a nice time with your sister. :)
Hopefully you did not have any travel problems? - we had snow here yesterday. Maybe it's coming your way today ? or if you're lucky you will miss it.
I finally saw the Twilight movie over the weekend too. ;)
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 pm

It was a great trip. Unfortunately, I did have bad weather in both directions and traffic on the way home. It was exhausting but worth it. I have a little catching up to do today.

Karmen- What did you think of the movie? I had to read the first book again, but I left it with my Sister beore I could finish it a second time.
Faves-
krenee

Post by krenee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Ugh, sorry about the weather for your trip. All of a sudden it became winter here yesterday so it must have been the weekend for it.
Overall I liked the movie. I really compared it a lot to how I felt about the Harry Potter movies - they're fun to go and see but I still prefer the books. I had just re-read Twilight myself so I noticed "every" little detail that they changed from the book of course. A couple times things kind of bugged me but for the most part I just tried to watch and enjoy it. I liked the actor who played Charlie, but I did not like the little changes they made in the character (all those little funny/sarcastic "comments" he made, eating at the diner all the time - etc) Did you catch the cameo of Stephenie Meyer in the diner scene though? My husband had not read the books and knew pretty much nothing about the story (I told him Edward is a vampire and that's about all he knew) but he enjoyed it. His first question was, "why does Jasper look like he's in pain all the time?" LOL. That's one thing you wouldn't get if you hadn't read the books. Also he wanted to know about why Rosalie is so hostile to Bella, which of course is kind of a long story - and with the last scene they did in the movie ? (which I was like, "What is that all about?!") he of course wanted to know more about what happens with that particular character...........
I really liked Rob Pattinson as Edward though - I thought he did a great job and there was very little that bugged me about his performance. Maybe a couple little details, but nothing huge. He's very very good-looking and so in that respect I think he made a great Edward. ;) The girl who played Bella didn't bug me either - she looked about like I expected Bella to look, so that helped.
I did not love what they did with the character of Carlisle though. They made him almost condescending and accusatory in a couple of scenes, and in the book I got anything but that from him. His character ended up being kind of forgettable and there is so much more to him than was brought out. That's the kind of stuff that bugs me. :) I was just trying to watch though and enjoy it but I guess I did end up picking it apart - but I still did enjoy it. ;)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 am

I quite agree that the movies (both Twilight and the HP series) are good, but no substitute for the books. I listened to HP7 (from the Library) on the way to and from my Sisters. I have read it enough times that it kept me entertained but not so engrossed that I could not drive in stressed conditions. I have a hard time sometimes with books on CD. I either get completely wrapped in them, or they can be spoiled with a poor choice of reader. IMO it is a close second to reading them yourself.

And I agree that Robert Pattinson did a fine job. ;)
Faves-