Just went on a USD150 SN spree!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
pinkpomelo

Just went on a USD150 SN spree!

Post by pinkpomelo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:14 am

OK... I'm feeling a little lightheaded.

After the conversion, that's about SGD237. But I have been so happy with the products that I ordered the last time, that I just know this USD150 is a good investment. I guess I'm at that age when I *need* make up to help me look halfway decent. ;)

If anyone wants to know what I bought, I'll be happy to post it here. I went nuts over the lip glosses. Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it gets here (Singapore) before Christmas. But even if it doesn't, it'll be a wonderful New Year's package.

My last order with SN took less than 10 working days to arrive. I was utterly thrilled. However, another order from Everyday Minerals (made on the same day) took a whole FOUR WEEKS to arrive!

Now the hard part begins... waiting...
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
Cupcake

Re: Just went on a USD150 SN spree!

Post by Cupcake » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:52 am

Woohoo! Way to go! 8-) That sounds like a lot of fun making a large order. I'd love to know what you bought - and photos when you receive it, if possible, would also be great! Mostly, though, let us know how much fun you have opening the parcel and playing with the new goodies so we can live vicariously through your parcel-opening fun! ;)
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 am

whadya buy? whadya buy??? We wanna know!!!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
marina16

Post by marina16 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:37 am

Oh, I wish I could spend that much on SN right now! I have a full cart over $100 worth of makeup and holiday stuff, mostly lippies though, lol. But sadly, I have to wait til the 15th 'cause we're tight on money this paycheck. Too many bills, ugh! :x Since I have to skip this sale I'm really hoping there will be another just as nice around Christmas. Maybe some discount so we can order more makeup. I was thinking of sending small orders to my sisters and girlfriends as Christmas presents. It would be a nice introduction to SN for them ;). But anyways, yes, we'd love to know what you got! And photos would be so nice!
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:24 pm

OH Oh OH oh!!

First thing I saw this morning: an email from Karen that my products have been shipped! I am soooo impressed at the speed at which she multi-tasks! She must either not sleep at all or have a bunch of elves helping her around the clock!

Ladies, you asked, so here it is:

EYESHADOW COLORS (FREE WITH EVERY $25: HOLIDAY SALE)

1. [ESIdolize] Idolize - Golden Blue Plum- MAC Idol Eyes Clone

2. [ESDolce] Dolce - Copper Brown Shimmer- MAC Sweet Sienna

3. [ESPlush] - Plush- Purple and Copper Shimmer Eye Shadow

4. [ESLegend] - Legend- Shimmering Copper- MAC's Mythology

5. [ESCashmere] - Cashmere- Shimmery Nude Pink Eye Shadow

6. [ESVanilla] - Vanilla- Shimmery Cream Eye Shadow

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Rhapsody- sheer plum Black Label Lippie (LGRhapsody) = $4.95
1 x Perfecting Powder- Sheer & Gorgeous Finishing Powder (PPPerfectingPowder) = $9.95
1 x Unblush- redness reducing green concealer (PCunblush) = $5.92
2 x Fiber Optic Blush Brush () = $11.98
1 x Clear Cream Liner (Liner Sealer / Foiling Medium) (CLClear) = $6.50
1 x Eye Shadow Primer (Primer) = $9.50
1 x Refill Heavy Coverage Ivory (FBheavy) = $5.75
1 x Aria- YLBB Nude Pink (LGAria) = $4.95
1 x Satisfied- Golden Peachy Pink Shimmer Blush (BLSatisified) = $6.25
1 x Ultimate Eye Shadow Brush- A MUST HAVE! (eye brush) = $9.95
2 x Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder (PROCblur) = $19.90
1 x Climax Blush- NARS Orgasm Clone (BLclimax) = $6.25
1 x Modern Smokey Eye kit- BE Rocker Eye Clone (RockerKit) = $11.95
1 x Rare Berry- Strawberry Red (lgRareBerry) = $4.25
1 x Berry Crush- Golden Berry Gloss- MAC Viva Glam V Clone (lgBerryCrush) = $4.25
1 x Breathless- pink satin shimmer organic lip gloss (LGBreathless) = $4.25
1 x Birthday Suit- The Ultimate Nude Lippie (LGBirthday) = $4.25
1 x Hot Blooded- shimmery muted, wearable red (lgHotBlooded) = $4.25
1 x Morello- Chocolate Cherry Shimmer Gloss (LGMorello) = $4.25
1 x Sugar Plum- Shimmery Nude Plum (LGSugarPlum) = $4.25
1 x Forbidden- Deep Apple Red Shimmer- NARS Outlaw Clone (BLForbidden) = $6.25
1 x Sample Date Bait (PPSdatebait) = $0.75

Guess how long it took me to decide on the lippies and eyeshadows...
2 weeks! Everyday, I'd read the forum pages, open up multiples windows on my firefox, compare swatches... in the end, I just decided to go with tried and true one-wash shades. I really wish I had the time on a daily basis to play with 3/4 colors on my eyes, but its usually a mad rush to get out the door to work.

On weekends, however, I get more time to play around. So I'm hoping that 1 color could become a lot more different shades if I used the primer and mixing medium.

Marina, I know how you feel. There are times when I have to restrain myself. I'm just glad that I managed to save up enough and the sale was very timely.

Ladies, I will definitely be sending photos when I receive the package. I'm sooo excited! I was thinking I should do macro shots of before-after products? Like, a close-up picture of my cheeks before the Blur Finishing Powder and then a shot of the same cheeks after application. I think that would be really helpful. I would have loved to see the products in action as I browsed.

OK, this means I have to convince my photog hubby to take out his DSLR and play "fashion photog" for a few days... Hmm... how many nights of uninterrupted soccer watching must I give him for that? HAHAH!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:25 am

*YES*!!! We looooooove before/afters! A photog hubby would be fun, too! I saw MANY things on your order that will be SMASHING on you! Can't wait!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
boadicea23

Post by boadicea23 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Ah. I made what was for me a big order but 1/2 of it is for my mom for Christmas and 1/2 of it is for me. Right now, it's been at Status 2 for two days which has me on the edge of my seat because I am so excited for it to come. I did a little forum searching and learned that means that the team is busy remaking something. Wow. So then, I wonder which is the item (or items?) that I ordered that is (are?) so popular, it's getting remade. I cannot wait for it to say "shipped" on my status. :D

-Amber
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 pm

They're here!!!!

I came to work and there was this pack, all plump with promise of hours of make up fun!

Here's me wearing Morello. The first lippie I tried. I heard so much about the moisturizing feel... they're right!

The resolution of the picture is not very good. And its a little washed out. The pink sweater behind me is supposed to be a bright pink. It looks a little dull in the photo. This picture was taken with my friend's camera-phone. However, he saw me apply it and he remarked: "Wow, that is really a nice color on you!"

I'll do more photos, especially comparison ones next week. I'm on Christmas leave -- a whole week off from work! Yay!

I'll start with the eye shadow primer: (1)no primer+eyeshadow, (2)with primer+eyeshadow, (3)with primer alone. Any other variations you want to see?

(ps. In the photo, I'm wearing 1BG:1E:5HI)
faithtoh.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:58 am

You look gorgeous! It's super cool that you have a husband that notices too...mine- well you can imagine how much "war paint" I come home wearing some days- and not so much as a chuckle out of mine (that's good and bad I guess). You're going to have a blast with that primer- just go light with it- you really don't need much.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
marina16

Post by marina16 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:17 am

That lip color looks great on you! That's what SN lippies are, they are so mositurizing and good for you while giving you nice long-lasting color! I love them. :D