Happy New Year!!!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
pinkpomelo

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by pinkpomelo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:25 am

Happy Russian New Year, Mikie!! You really sound like you needed a do-over. Here's praying for you to have much more funny stories to tell in this new year. Salmon salad -- hahah!

Follow your bliss...
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:44 am

Mikie ((((((Hugs))))) Truly, hope this is a *do-over* for you. I m so sorry for all your losses. You are such an upbeat lady and truly you do not deserve all this.

~~~~~~~~sending good thoughts mikie's way~~~~~~

Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Oh Mikie, that's just awful news all around- yes, it sounds like the universe owes you a huge do-over. You are such a wonderful, nurturing, smart, funny and spirited lady- I hope that time will heal your heart. We're sending lots of good thoughts your way, and hopefully the rest of 2009 will be much much better!

Thank goodness for cats and husbands...they're a seemingly constant source of amusement!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Furbabies & hubbies *are* SO much fun! Love them all to bits!

ALWAYS, always, ALWAYS choose the man who makes you laugh, & you will always find something to smile about! <<<BEST ADVICE!!! :-)

I figure this do-over is just the ticket! If the do-over doesn't quite pan out the way I want it to,LOL, then CHINESE NEW YEARS is right around the corner! I secretly celebrate ALL 3, just in case! ;-)

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm

~*mikie*~ wrote:I figure this do-over is just the ticket! If the do-over doesn't quite pan out the way I want it to,LOL, then CHINESE NEW YEARS is right around the corner! I secretly celebrate ALL 3, just in case! ;-)
You do realise that celebrating Chinese New Year means all the married people give children (and SINGLE ADULTS) money in red envelopes? It varies from place to place, but its customary to give any even number from $2 to $200 -- hahaha!

I'm married. haha. Otherwise, I'd say my favourite number is "88"... *hint hint*

Every year Chinese New Year is all about queueing at the banks early to get fresh newly minted notes, stuffing them into assorted red envelopes and then making sure I give the correct packet to the correct person! :D

Oh, and oranges... yummylicious oranges!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Mikie, Happy Russian New Year, lets hope that as the Russian's bring in 2009, they bring a year filled with better vibes your way. I agree that we all might as well live, love and laugh, life really is to short. Personally, I would much rather enjoy my ride on this rollacoaster that we call life, than spend my time complaining or crying about some misfortune that has befallen me.

Loved the salmon and hubby story, I have a cat that absolutely loves corn on the cob. Now every year I freeze corn on the cob so that I can have the fresh taste of good locally grown peaches and cream corn, so the other night we are eating supper in the front room watching TV ( big NO, NO I know, but we usually end up there any way) when Smokey gets up on the back of the couch, reaches his paws over my husbands shoulder and takes the corn on the cob off of his plate and then takes it to the kitchen so that he can eat it. Jim was like what the heck just happened, and then started to laugh because apparently the cat wanted his supper at the sametime we did and thought that he should have been given first chance for the corn. Needless to say, hubby got himself another piece of corn and he and the cat both ate in peace. But it was good for a laugh.

Hollis
~*mikie*~

Happy New Year Take 2 :-)

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:14 am

Hollis, I love that!!! See what a great fella/furdaddy your hubby is! Furkids *know* when there's a special treat for supper! My cats never bother me when I'm eating (they work on Michael instead), BUT I got surprised over the weekend. I was having one of those teeny cups of rice pudding, & I was here at the computer. Before I could blink, Silky was UP HERE :o looking for a handout. He's never done such a thing before, & he WASN'T HUNGRY of course...sooooooooo little furbabies each got a drop or 2 on their food dishes.

Faith, I'll be celebrating right along with you! Furkids will be more interested in the red envelopes than the cash, so it's all good!!!

mikie
~*mikie*~

pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Hollis, I know... it seems like corn is every cat's chocolate! They love it.

I took a video of my furbaby (Jelli aka Jellicle Kat) sharing corn with my hubby. Yes, that's my voice and I'm speaking with the Singlish accent and colloquialisms. I don't have to, but its just more personal and fun at home. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_cAsXamcyE

And if u liked tt, here's one with Jelli grooming my hubby after his shower...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj23FKTT6sA

Furbabies, rock.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:37 pm

Faith, I loved the video's. At least Jelli shares, Smokey thinks he needs his whole cob to himself. Tonight DH is fussing because Molly (one of our 13 year old poodles) just stoled his M&M and then ate it. Furbabies are great children and definately enertaining.
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 am

Those are SO cute, Faith! I get groomed,too,ROFL, as I'm sleeping. When I awaken & my hair is standing *straight up* :o , I know Willie's been at me!

It's actually worth buying a few ears of corn just to see what reactions we get here! :-)

Hollis, no sweet dog would be able to steal chocolate from ME!!! ;-)

How'd Russian New Year go? Welllllllll. My insurance company decided that a med I take 2x/day & have filled generically, THEY want a DIFFERENT generic,lol......so after wrassling with the dr's office (danged appt next Tuesday; they HAVE to have their $25 co-pay,lol), I went to pick up my scrip > & only half there! Sooooooo, I called the pharmacy, & after some investigation found that they'd TRIED to put it through for the 60 capsules but my insurance company REJECTED it & would only pay for 30, sigh. Now here's SERVICE ~ my pharmacy (CVS) called my doc's office & they called the insurance company...& the ins co faxed them a form...& after the form was faxed back, the approval for the other 1/2 a month (hehe) went through, & CVS left me a voicemail that the REST of the scrip could now be picked up. SERVICE! :-) Yet ANOTHER thing from yesterday ~ I received a package (jiffybag envelope) from QVC >>>>EMPTY except for the INVOICE & program guide. The jiffybag was neither torn nor cut > looks to me as though the warehouse skipped the sealing step. I was BUMMED about my missing earrings (J42053, hammered fringe earrings/Taxco,Mexico). Emailed QVC & they asked whether I wanted a refund or replacement > I want the earrings,hehe...IN the SEALED package this time. Moral of the story is that a snafu is a temporary thing & that what I THOUGHT were hassles worked out FINE. Thumbs-up!

mikie

mikie
~*mikie*~