Silk Naturals Berry Collection

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Rhys

Re: Silk Naturals Berry Collection

Post by Rhys » Mon May 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Jen - re blushes

I still have some more to try, but so far I'm really loving Tart Light, Babydoll, and Pretty Plum. Lovelace is a bit on the warm side for me, but I didn't have to wash it off - it was passable (I'm way more pink than gold, and uber-pale, despite the lighting in the pic). But I agree it's NOT orange at all, despite the way it looks in the jar. Climax I'm usually fine with unless it's dead of winter and I'm really washed out, which seems to me the 'toned-down' Lovelace. So if you're darker skinned and Climax didn't quite show up on you, Lovelace would be the one to go for.

Don't know what I'll try today - maybe Forbidden or Vixen. Carnal looks a little scary in the jar, but then again, so does Tart Light, and that's wonderful. Haven't tried Tart proper yet, but I will - hopefully my fibreoptic brushes will be here soon but if not, at least I've got a not-very-dense-but-very-floofy blush brush. And I've never gotten clown cheeks from SN blushes.
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Wed May 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Jen - I posted your dupe of Bobbi Brown's Pink Raspberry Palette on my blog, giving credit to you. I was wondering if you'd mind me posting your picture as well?

Rhys - I've tried Forbidden and LOVE it. It's a very natural, just-in-from-the-cold blush for me. It's a red-based blush that doesn't look like a blush (as most are peach or pink if you know what I mean).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed May 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Kahani,
I really don't deserve any of the credit for the pallette dupe. It is Karen! She did not think it made sense to dupe the darker eye color because she had one that was close but not quite as dark. The Bone color is dead on.

You can use my pic if you want, but I really can't take credit for the color choices. ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed May 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Hey Jen

You look Gorgeous in the pic and now have added berry nice and seedy to my shopping basket as well as light tart blush sample.

I was a little apprehensive about the light tart blush colour, I thought it was too barbie doll pink. But everyone on the fourm are saying what a lovley shade of pink it is and after seeing your pic I'm converted.

Thanks for these pics Jen, makes me want to experiment more often :D
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.