Those lovely little sisters

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Those lovely little sisters

Post by Ghost » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Today me and my little sister (Sian) went mothers day shopping. We knew exactly where we were going, a shop called Body zone (cosmetic shop that sells brand name at a fraction of the cost, wholesale). Of course while we were there we went shopping for ourselves, I looked at the max factor glosses, prestige eyeliners, Elizabeth Arden eyeshadows, Versace gift box, some Mac brushes for £1.50 each (not the ones from the site, but the ones you find on ebay in pro brush kit but separately) which I snapped up (good thing where I live not many people realise what mac is). All of a sudden my sister pipes up "oh look Sarah, Urban Decay eyeshadows", they had cherry, acid rain, chain and another purple colour. Sian told me (knowing I love purples) that I should buy that one, I told her no as I have enough eyeshadows as it is. But after discussing this for 5 minutes I thought what the hell, it was £2.50 I love purple and I liked the colour when I was playing around with the tester. Looking at it again on the bus ride home I had a sense of déjà vu, I'd seen the colour and name before but I couldn't place it.

After getting home we both got out our stuff and showed our mum what we brought for ourselves (as you do). So I got to my mystery UD eyeshadow last, I placed some of the colour on the back of my hand and showed my mum. Straight off the bat my mum said "don't you already have that one as a SN dupe". I said no, she said "yeah you do, you wear it a lot. You said it was call breathe". The biggest penny ever in the world dropped, my younger devil of a sister laughing heartly at the look on my face with my mother giggling away as well. I could not believe what I had done, of course I knew breathe was a dupe of UD Asphyxia its one of the reasons why I brought it.

I blame my lovely little sister she told me to buy it :lol: Good thing it was only £2.50. Bright side I get to compare the two and realise just how superior SN eyeshadows are. With one brush stroke of SN breathe, I had to use Asphyxia 5-8 times before I had the same intensity of Breathe.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Those lovely little sisters

Post by karen » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:05 am

Sneaky girl....but sisters are lovely. My last birthday card from my sister had a laughing dog on it and it said "I'm smiling because you're my sister...I'm laughing because there isn't anything you can do about it". That pretty much sums it up.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:37 am

I have a little sister, too. I still call her my baby sister because she is eight years younger. I would not give her up for anything and she has been my rock since my mother died over 10 years ago. She recently got me to spend hundreds of dollars on French cast iron cookware (that I absolutely love), and helped me find the perfect party shoes. I would never have bought either without her and she does often convince me to buy things I certainly would not have otherwise. She sends my kids cards in the mail with money in them for holidays (a kid's dream). The last card she sent my son even had mentions of passing gas and something about a skunk, and you know how perfect that is for a 9 yo boy. I just have to laugh.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:35 pm

I always wished I had a sister. I have a brother a year younger and we barely speak. (No rancor-just nothing in common) I do have probably 8 different girlfriends in different capacities that I would consider girlfriends, though. And of course, I do have you lovely ladies!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow. I love these sister stories! I'm an only child.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait