Question about Eyeshadows

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ida78ster

Question about Eyeshadows

Post by ida78ster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:20 am

Hi

Does anyone know if the eyeshadows need to be applied a lot for the colour to show up? I'm interested in a lot of the pale/neutral colours but was wondering if i need a primer or something before it shows up on my eyes?

The colours i have narrowed down so far are:

Bare
Nekkid
Quartzite
Honey

I'm Asian, medium skin tone.

Thanks for your help!
JenW

Re: Question about Eyeshadows

Post by JenW » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:20 am

Generally speaking, Silk Naturals formulates their eyeshadows to have staying power without a primer. Many have good results just using them straight out of the jar. I would definitely try without. However, some of us do have oily eyelids, and any eyeshadow slides off by the end of the day. So, it honestly does vary from person to person. I personally have better luck in the dryer months without a primer under my SN shadows than I do in the humid summer months. Still, I feel that the staying power of SN shadows straight is exceptional in comparison to other lines of MMU.

For the amount used -I do think this is also what the user prefers. Some prefer a sheer wash of color, while others want the glamour queen effect. The SN shadows are also pretty heavily pigmented. Even the light neutral colors do show up on most skintones very well.

You have picked some nice neutrals there. I hope you like them.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:54 am

I'm not light & don't use a primer. I'm 54 with dry skin. Even the subtler shadows show up on me without foiling, & for me they look freshly applied 15 hrs later when I remove my makeup. My choice of brush(es) makes a difference for me, I will say that. I tend to use all synthetic brushes & I find they provide a more concentrated payoff. HTHs!
mikie
davidized.jpg
davidized.jpg (2.62 KiB) Viewed 3054 times
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 pm

I don't need a primer, either, because my skin is so dry. I sometimes use an e/s base to lighten a bit because my eyelids are very dark. I've never had any problem with SN eyeshadows wearing off or going muddy on me, nor do you need gobs of the stuff to get them to show up.

If you do want to foil, these ones have the best texture to do it with (and believe me, I have LOTS of eyeshadows!)

I don't mean to sound like an advert, but for pigmentation, even application, and lasting until you take them off, SN's eyeshadows are really great.
ida78ster

Post by ida78ster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi

Thanks for all your replies.

Lol JenW, i'm hoping for the Glamour Queen effect even though i picked neutral colours. I find that light colours opened my eyes up more as opposed to darker colours. Its just that some light colours don't even seem to adhere at all. But its good to know that SN eyeshadows are great.

The reason i'm asking is also because i've got nearly $70 in my shopping basket from SN. I'm just trying to limit my spending.. lol.