I'm moving!!!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Xarata

I'm moving!!!

Post by Xarata » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey everyone! I know I've been MIA for a week or two but...I'm in the process of moving to Hershey. We're still renting, but it's a house with a basement and a yard and all that jazz and we're pretty excited about it. I ripped up carpets (pet stains, ugh) and have been moving furniture and we just finished cleaning our old apartment today. Nowhere near done unpacking and FIOS isn't coming to hook up our internet until Tuesday. It's the first time I haven't had to listen to neighbors pound up and downstairs and I actually have a fenced in yard for my dog. We are very happy about it. I'll be back in a week or so. Sad to miss the sale! lol.

-Samantha
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
JenW

Re: I'm moving!!!

Post by JenW » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:16 pm

We miss you, Sam! But it sounds like you have lots of exciting things happening! A house is great after living in apartments. I hope all goes smoothly and we will be here when you get back. :D
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:15 pm

Congrats, Sam - I remember how awful moving into that place was. A house really does sound wonderful!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 am

Wow! That's great! I love Hershey- such a pretty town. It's been years, but it's just so lovely, and it doesn't hurt that it's Hershey! It sounds like this move is going slightly better than your last one.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:07 am

yes much smoother than last year. lol. no car accidents, no job changes, and i can reach the top shelves in my cupboards now! I did have to cut my boxspring in half though-lol. I do miss some of the old charm of my last apartment, but the perks of a house (the space, the seclusion, the yard) make up for it. We planted flowers this morning. Yes- Hershey DOES smell like chocolate. Actually half the time it smells like chocolate and the other half it smells like peanut butter (we live halfway between the reese's factory and the kiss factory). I'm not looking forward to tourist season but i'm sure we'll adapt somehow. Hopefully I'll have internet for the new release! lol.

*gasp* i do have to reorganize my makeup though. I have a cabinet built into my bathroom now. I still prefer vertical markerboards though so i'm mounting small ones inside the shelves and doors. lol. The compact I pressed before i moved has been very helpful although i noticed my shadows have more of a satin finish in the palette (not a bad thing just an interesting change). My compact has vanilla, quartzite, bittersweet, and sassy blush.

I did read the twilight collection last weekend- have to say i think the movie(s) is better. I can't imagine that the second movie won't be better than the book since she's dismally depressed for most of it. I appreciate the fine art of editing. lol. I did notice that Aromaleigh has twilight shimmer powders and was wondering if we might have something similar here. I think they could be really fun for my wedding (i am getting married in the dark, i'll take all the twinkle i can get!) Oh yeah- i bought custom fairy wings for my wedding. tehehehehe. I'm having a fairytale wedding dang it! hahahaha.

In the middle of moving, the alumni association from my high school called about planning my class reunion. I reminded them that I was student body president but i was not a class officer my graduating year and being in the middle of moving and planning a wedding, i'd really rather they ask someone else. I helped the class president get it off the ground but i told him, and them, that it's his baby now.

Well that concludes my bit of MIA randomness for the night. lol. I'll be back soon. Can't wait for the new collection!
-Samantha
Samantha

karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 am

We just finished moving this weekend too- it took forever because we lived in the old place for 9 years. Ugh. But it's done, and my garage is full of stuff- rather depressing but we'll get there. I'm glad to hear that it went much smoother this time for you.

Your wedding sounds fantastic!!!!! Fairy wings sound amazing- and super super creative!!! Yes- I'd be honored to make some wedding makeup for you. I've been thinking about it since you got engaged, and twilight powder sounds like it would be fantastic. Once you get the dress and some more of your plans together email me and we'll start mixing some stuff. The one tiny piece of advice I have for you is to do a simple bouquet- they get heavy during the course of a day.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:01 pm

karen wrote:We just finished moving this weekend too- it took forever because we lived in the old place for 9 years. Ugh. But it's done, and my garage is full of stuff- rather depressing but we'll get there. I'm glad to hear that it went much smoother this time for you.

Your wedding sounds fantastic!!!!! Fairy wings sound amazing- and super super creative!!! Yes- I'd be honored to make some wedding makeup for you. I've been thinking about it since you got engaged, and twilight powder sounds like it would be fantastic. Once you get the dress and some more of your plans together email me and we'll start mixing some stuff. The one tiny piece of advice I have for you is to do a simple bouquet- they get heavy during the course of a day.
How exciting! Yes, you'll adapt to tourist season. I used to live in Salem, MA which was cra---zy during October, but also fun. Just don't be in a hurry when the tourists hit town and try to see everything as new again... it seems to help. then when they go away again, you'll appreciate the quiet. :)

I also second the bouquet thing... the simpler the better. You'll be tired enough as it is without looking after complicated floral arrangements.
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Xarata wrote:*gasp* i do have to reorganize my makeup though. I have a cabinet built into my bathroom now. I still prefer vertical markerboards though so i'm mounting small ones inside the shelves and doors. lol. The compact I pressed before i moved has been very helpful although i noticed my shadows have more of a satin finish in the palette (not a bad thing just an interesting change). My compact has vanilla, quartzite, bittersweet, and sassy blush.
Oh I'd love to see a pic of that quad and your make up cabinets! =)

Moving is such a lot of work, but its so good to own a home of your own! Congrats!
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm

pinkpomelo wrote:Oh I'd love to see a pic of that quad and your make up cabinets! =)
lol. maybe when i finally find my camera! The bedroom is mostly unpacked and the library started practically from scratch so it's unpacked as is the dining room. The bathroom is getting there- i have a LOT of makeup and skincare and The kitchen...ugh. I haven't even touched all my art stuff in the basement. haha. I work around 45 hours a week so i never WANT to do anything when i'm home. lol.
Samantha