Lipgloss questions!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
mmgerard

Lipgloss questions!

Post by mmgerard » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 pm

Would y'all describe the lipgloss to me, please? What is the texture like? Does it come in a tube like lipstick, or does it have an applicator, or is it in a pot? The colors look so pretty; I'm just having trouble visualizing the rest! Thanks!
Rhys

Re: Lipgloss questions!

Post by Rhys » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:03 pm

The glosses come in a tube like the lipsticks, and they feel wonderful - very emollient and non-sticky. All of them have some degree of sheen, but not over the top; the opacity of the pigment varies by gloss - a couple of them are almost as pigmented as the lipsticks (check the descriptions on the site), and for gloss they have good staying power - though you'll want to bring one with to touch up. The shades are great, and I've found them to be very wearable, but you can't tell for sure how they'll look on someone else, because the pigmentation in your lips is unique. Still, I'm one of those people who could never find a good shade, and now I have 20 or so good shades :)

Definitely my HG for lippies. I like the lipsticks, too, especially Rapture, but I'm much more of a gloss person, and these are pretty close to perfect.
duhmoms

Post by duhmoms » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:38 pm

I have tried everything but the lippies it seems. I am somewhat of a lipcolor hmmm...'ho, so I just was thinking that is the last thing I need is another lippie, then I thought -since when has it ever been about need? How good it is that mmgerard asked these questions, now I have to try them because they sound like my kind of formula.
**dana runs off to choose some lippies.........
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu May 01, 2008 4:31 am

Soooooooo, what'd you throw in your cart, Dana? ;-) They are definitely addicting! <They need to come with a warning, ROFL!> Found I *LOST* (gasp!) my Berry Crush on Tuesday & had to reorder yesterday ~ must've fallen out of my pocket. Really a shocker when I realized it had gone missing...there's ALWAYS one SNKisserSlicker on me!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
krenee

Post by krenee » Thu May 01, 2008 6:52 am

One day I was distressed at work because I couldn't find my Damsel - thought I'd lost it. (Turns out I'd left it at home that day - it was on my bathroom counter - oops.)
I am finding I really like the combo of Berry Crush and Bday Suit together. I put one layer of BDay suit and then put some of the Berry Crush on my lower lip. The Berry Crush is kind of a golden peachy color on me. I suspect when I have a tan I am going to LOVE this by itself though.
duhmoms

Post by duhmoms » Thu May 01, 2008 9:52 am

mikie- Berry Crush, Birthday Suit, Foreplay, Gold Blush, Hotblooded. I think I'm covered. I can't wait, you gals have convinced me that I have to have these with all the glowing reviews! Any others that you think I should have? I have light/medium skin with yellow undertones, I can't seem to pull off anything too pink. Also medium reddish brown hair, blue eyes.
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu May 01, 2008 10:10 am

Duhmoms -I think you have a great start. :D I have just about all of them and they are all I use anymore. I have lippies from lots of different places, and these are the best IMO!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu May 01, 2008 5:52 pm

We would *never* lead anyone astray! Never happen! The lippies are wonderful ~ got me through a brutal NY winter with NO chapping or dry lips ~ 1st time *ever*!

Dana, you covered your bases pretty well! Be sure to report back & confess your addiction,LOL! *Enjoy*!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
duhmoms

Post by duhmoms » Thu May 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Well, the jury is in on the kisser slickers......I am extremely pleased with all but one that I ordered. Berry Crush is in my pocket constantly, foreplay is gorgeous and kind of a shimmery coral on me, very pretty. gold blush is perfect to wear just alone or over the top of something I want to shimmer up a bit. Hot blooded was a real surprise, I was a bit squeamish about it because I have always had trouble with reds being too....blue, or orange, or bright, or just not right, I was in awe! what a perfect wearable red! You ladies did not lead me on when it came to this. The disappointment for me was birthday suit, it really doesn't suit my coloring in some way, I tried to layer it with other things and no way..it just looks bad on me.
I must say that now I will probably have to try a few more of these thanks to all the enablers here!!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu May 08, 2008 8:33 pm

i've heard of birthday suit looking brown and kinda blah on the tanner/darker gals- would you fall into that category? Just thought it might be helpful for the future. Seems to be trending as more of a pale gal color.

if you are a darker/tanner gal i believe mikie is in love with the pinks (ashley and damsel) and good give you a heads up to her favs. lol

You ordered most of my tops (berry crush, gold blush, hotblooded)- oh! have you tried pout? It's a perfect pink.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com