Total skin change!

Shirin

Total skin change!

Post by Shirin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:08 am

I am sure this happens to lots of us, the whole time, a total skin change. Like it used be oily and then becomes dry. Maybe it is due to diet. To hormones. To skin care!!

In my case, i used to have normal clear skin when i was on Yasmine. Then it got acneic again, and the pores had always been somehow visible on my cheeks on blackheads on nose and chin.

Now my skin has totally changed! I don't know how to classify it! It might be just due to aging!? I started noticing wrinkles especially in the mornings, all of a sudden I aged. Then I started using moisturiser.

Now my skin isn't oily anymore. Rather dry. It never used to be that dry. It is as if the more moisturise it the drier it becomes! Ever happenned to you? My nose after washing, got suddenly so dry. My skin under my brows as well get dry.

But what is strangest is that my pores are gone! Which isn't a bad thing at all of course! But surprising! And all around my chin and my cheeks I now have extremely eetsy beetsy pores with whiteheads. If I would squeeze them one by one, they'd all come out right away, they are not deep at all. But of course i won't do that! I will wait for the toners and so.

But i have absolutely no idea what kind of skin i have and what skin care i should order! How many times i should exfoliate i e?

Ski is a strange thing. (Also i always used to eb much darker since puberty but during the past few years have become so much lighter and I don'(t tan as fast anymore either) Maybe it is due to the fact, that I almost rarely eat red meat, and lots of fish and vegetables, compared to the last six years.
zeebs

Re: Total skin change!

Post by zeebs » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm

are you eating enough healthy fats?
consider adding olive oil to your diet, maybe some fish oil. that might help. borage and hemp are good for hormonal problems with skin, too. My favorite is hemp but it can be hard to find.

protein (lysine and proline) and vitamin C w/ bioflavenoids are great for skin, too.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm with Zeebs- if I don't get my healthy fats I have real issues with my skin. I think part of it is just being "over 30" now...I noticed a big change in my skin and hair this past year. I'm really going grey!

I'd almost bet you're reacting to something in your moisturizer- sometimes if I get a reaction the wrinkles become very apparent.

Right now with skin that's making you crazy cut back on the exfoliation- once a week max- give it time to heal and adjust to the changes you've made in your diet and BC. I'm working on some new things...and hopefully the AHA and BHA toners will help you.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 am

Thanks Karen and zeebs,

I had assumed my diet was great, but I will check up fats, like in milk and cheese? What else hasd fats? You know I can't tolerate lactose, so I hardly consume diary products and I am naturally not a fan of desserts. So maybe that is why, i might be lacking fats then? My body never ahs any reserves, i have an extremely fast metabolism.

Some of it is just due to age as you say Karen, I am 34 now and I am strating grey hair and the skin under my eyes and on my forehead is really showing up lines now. I hope that the Facelift serum will help. You know I still haven't received it. The one which had to be resent. LEt me copy paste theorder number:
Order Number: 10072

It waited some time now, and thought i'd let you know for a follow-up. If it hasn't been sent yet, and if this sounds like a good thing, I might order some other stuff and we can calculate it all in one package, although that might just be complicating things, as the packacking fees depend on the weight? Just a suggestion. Tell me what you think.

You know Karen, my skin isn't as terrible as t sounds, actually this is a good improvement, it has become clearer and the pores tiny. So I am aiming to really cleans the pores from all thsoe white and blackheads and keep it glowy and soft. I am just confused now with my skin chnage and all your great skin care products which ones i should adopt, which ones I really for my skincare routine. I will sned you a pic of a clsoe up of my skin with no make-up o you can see.

At the moment i don't want to buy any skincare from elsewhere and wait until you propose me one because i want to use your products! A well adopted cleanser, a toner and an exfoliator. I suppose the facelift serum will do also as a hydrator on its own?

Much thanks in advance for the inquiry.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

Actually, I need a hydrator as well as the facelift serum - some other people have mentioned that, too.

Milk and cheeese are good fats. Fish also has good fats in it - a different kind but important ones.

And some of us are still going to end up putting oil on our faces no matter how good our fat intake is - I mix some almond or argan (when I can get argan) with my hydrating serum. But I have really really dry skin.
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Ah almond and argan oil are great but too oily for me. I used anotehr less oilier oil don't remember which one now.

I just came from shopping and bought lots of fatty cheese and lactose free milk and yogurt. Hehe
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Use olive oil in your cooking and salad dressings, too. ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Hazelnut oil is pretty astringent, I have wonky skin so I would mix some of that with apricot kernal or another carrier oil so I had the right balance.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 pm

I've used yogurt masks with good success, too -- HTH. Just plain (not flavored) whole milk yogurt like you'd eat with granola.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri May 01, 2009 12:04 am

I find eggs, nuts, and olive oil to be helpful- especially eggs. They have tons and tons of interesting fats that you don't get from other sources. We have them for dinner once a week- just to make sure that we get a few in our diets.
Second the suggestion for a yogurt mask...they're brilliant.
I'll PM you about the rest...
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten