Toner Questions

sewwies

Re: Toner Questions

Post by sewwies » Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 am

I can't wait 'till we start needing the big boxes :) I've only been using all the skin care bits for just over a week and there's such an improvement! I have found that the pore refining toner/BHA toner (one or both, I'm not sure!) have been making my skin pretty oily about half an hour after using them, then when I blot and do my make-up, I'm fine for the rest of the day. Any ideas why? Now I've run out I'm not oily at all after washing, but they were really sorting out my cloggy bits so I'd like to get back on them!
~~Sarah~~
freesilk

Post by freesilk » Wed May 06, 2009 10:03 am

I'm a huge fan of all the skin care items that I've tried so far! Lately I've been using the apricot cleansing oil, pore refining toner, facelift serum and green tea & aloe serums at night and the oil control serum in the mornings, and I can tell the difference already. My pores are a lot less noticeable and my skin is definitely less oily.

My only qualm is that I'm almost out of the pore refining toner!!!
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu May 07, 2009 2:21 am

That's so cool! I'm so glad you're liking everything, and I hope to release some of the toners very very soon. I have no idea what artwork to use for the labels...that's not a super critical issue, but it's one more detail.

I've decided to go with 4-ounce sizes on the cleansers and toners, and fudge the cart settings a bit so hopefully shipping won't be terrible...they don't really go bad, and I think you'll use them up, or end-up sharing.

Sewwies- I have a couple of theories about the oil- it's either that your pores got unclogged so they're just trying to get rid of everything in there, or that you're over stripping your skin a little bit. Try putting a little bit of a gentle moisturizer, or even a little bit of the apricot cleansing oil on your skin, and see if it helps.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu May 07, 2009 9:08 am

I think it may have been a little bit too much with all the new stuff, I have no patience! Now I'm just using the cleansing oil and the OCS with my biotherm moisturiser and its fine! But the toners were doing such a good job with my pores I didn't mind waiting to blot before putting on makeup. Oo and I used the Vic C and peptide serum on my forehead before I went to bad, and thats really good for the oilies, but I think at 20 the peptides might be too much. Is there any sign of a peptide-free version?
~~Sarah~~