20 Questions!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
moon8305

Re: 20 Questions!

Post by moon8305 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:21 pm

This is super fun!!

1. Where are you from? Indiana
2. Where is that exactly? You don't get much more "Midwest" than here
3. Tell us about that state/area! Time to brag! Do you like temperature extremes and chain restaurants? Come on down :P Nah, it's not so bad.
4. What decade were you born? 80s
5. Tell us about a (perhaps completely useless) MAD skill you have! With my family and closer friends, I can have entire conversations without saying a word.
6. How many languages do you speak? What are they? English and school-taught Spanish, but I'm getting rusty at that
7. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? I do, but haven't had much of a chance lately. I've only been to 18 out of the 50 US states and just barely over the border on each side of the country.
8. Do you eat breakfast? What do you usually have? Not usually. I do love cereal, though. I eat it for dinner at least twice a week. Hey, at least it's healthy. Lots of vitamins.
9. What are your pet peeves? Bad grammar and slow drivers
10. What are your hobbies? Knitting and fishing (I'm weird!)

11. What got you into mineral makeup in the first place? I really don't know! I was just looking to try something new and I'm so fair that it's hard to match my skin in "traditional" makeup...It's much easier with minerals.
12. What do you do for a living? Research
13. How do you personally apply mineral foundation? SN Kabuki brush!
14. What are your favourite eye shadow colors? I don't have a lot of them yet, but I love Vanilla and Quiver.
15. What are your favourite lip colors? Pout
16. Are you bad at anything (you can totally say no....everyone knows most SN girls are perfect in every way)? Oh, God, lots of things! I can't jump rope :D
17. Are you married? What's your favorite thing about your spouse? Engaged :) Favorite thing - I can 100% be myself around him. He makes me feel like the best possible version of myself.
18. Do you have any kids/pets? 2 dogs, 2 cats
19. How many makeup brushes are you using personally? 6-8, depending
20. What's the strangest job you ever had? I was (briefly) a recruiter for a temp agency...I know, not so strange, but you would not believe some of the characters we had come through there, let alone what people would put on resumes and applications!
Last edited by moon8305 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 : 1 : 0.5 : 0.25 : 0.25
Original Ivory : Glow : Ebony : Buttery Gold : Peach

Charming = very favorite blush (for now :) )
sunshinegal

Post by sunshinegal » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:25 pm

1. Where are you from? I was born and raised in MI, now live in FL
2. Where is that exactly? It is the glove looking state on the map of the U.S. surrounded by lots of lakes. ;) IN FL I am near Tampa, about 20 miles west of it.
3. Tell us about that state/area! Time to brag! I can't say much about MI except that it is beautiful. I hate the weather. Now FL I can brag about. Just about everyday I wake up and it is sunny and warm, I am surrounded by palm trees and water everywhere. I have lived here just about 6 years and still feel like I am on vacation here. 24 years in MI will do that to you.
4. What decade were you born? I barely made it into the 70's. I only lived 6 months in it. I am a child of the 80's.
5. Tell us about a (perhaps completely useless) MAD skill you have! Wow, I have no idea. I can collect makeup at lightning speed and never have the chance of using it up before I die? :lol:
6. How many languages do you speak? What are they? 1and 1/36 of a language - English, and some spanish
7. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? I have only been in the US. I want to travel to Europe so badly and spend weeks there.
8. Do you eat breakfast? What do you usually have? cereal or an english muffin
9. What are your pet peeves? People who lie and people that repeat themselves over and over again
10. What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, makeup, fitness, scrapbooking

11. What got you into mineral makeup in the first place? The idea that it was better for my skin appealed to me
12. What do you do for a living? I run a 50 person support operation for a security software company
13. How do you personally apply mineral foundation? With a brush and a light dusting. I want some SN brushes!
14. What are your favourite eye shadow colors? So far for SN it is mystery and Fools Gold.
15. What are your favourite lip colors? Negligee and Daydream and some Clinique lipsticks and Naked from Urban Decay
16. Are you bad at anything (you can totally say no....everyone knows most SN girls are perfect in every way)? I would say I am bad at applying many shadows to create a look. I try but I find I do better with one on the lid, one in the crease tops and a liner.
17. Are you married? What's your favorite thing about your spouse? Yes , just got married in September and my fave thing about my hubby is how much fun we have together. We laugh all of the time, he is my best friend.
18. Do you have any kids/pets? 2 cats whom are my kids. 1 is 11 and the other is 2
19. How many makeup brushes are you using personally? Probably about 8 each day to create my entire look
20. What's the strangest job you ever had? I haven't had anything real strange, I drove a catering truck around for awhile for my aunt, the rest have all been retail or desk jobs.

It was fun reading all of these responses, thanks for posting this!
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:45 pm

1. Where are you from? Born in Northern Illinois (aka: the arctic circle according to my future in-laws). I currently live in Central Illinois.
2. Where is that exactly? Both places are in the middle of a bunch of corn fields. :D
3. Tell us about that state/area! Time to brag! Where I live currently is near Amish country. I regularly pass horses and buggies on my way to and from work.
4. What decade were you born? I am a child of the 80s
5. Tell us about a (perhaps completely useless) MAD skill you have! I did color guard in high school and college, so, with a little bit of practice to remind myself how, I could spin a flag, rifle, and sabre.
6. How many languages do you speak? What are they? English. I took 4 1/2 years of French, and I remember a little bit of it, but not much.
7. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? I love traveling. The only place out of the U.S. that I have been to is England (London mostly). I've been to or traveled through over 25 states. I enjoy road trips, and I've had the opportunity to go on many.
8. Do you eat breakfast? The majority of my breakfast consists of Mountain Dew to get me going in the morning (I get up at 4:30 am for work). Right now, I'm eating trail mix for breakfast. Otherwise, it is usually some type of breakfast bar.
9. What are your pet peeves? Students that are getting bad grades in my classes because they didn't do the homework!
10. What are your hobbies? Reading, cross stitch, crochet....playing with make-up!
11. What got you into mineral makeup in the first place? I tried BE when they started having starter kits at Ulta. Used it for a while and went back to liquid foundation. I came back to mineral make-up when my Neutrogena foundation got reformulated and the shade no longer worked.
12. What do you do for a living? I'm a high school English teacher. Actually...I am an English department. There's only about 85 students at my school, so I am the only English teacher.
13. How do you personally apply mineral foundation? Using a Flat Top Brush. I'm about to start experimenting with a setting spray.
14. What are your favourite eye shadow colors? I have a lot of pinks and purples
15. What are your favourite lip colors? Clear. I go for balms the vast majority of the time.
16. Are you bad at anything (you can totally say no....everyone knows most SN girls are perfect in every way)? I procrastinate. I'm another one that is also not great about housework.
17. Are you married? What's your favorite thing about your spouse? I'm engaged. My favorite part about him is that he puts up with me and my sometimes crazy moods.
18. Do you have any kids/pets? No kids. No pets. A lot of plants.
19. How many makeup brushes are you using personally? I guess I use about 7 on a normal day. I have more though...
20. What's the strangest job you ever had? Hmmmm...I used to wait tables at a truck stop. It certainly had its moments. However, I think the strangest job I had was working for a school district office. After doing several other jobs for the district (paraprofessional, substitute teacher, summer paint crew, paper shredder), I got asked to fill in for the food service secretary while she took a leave of absence for a family emergency. THEN I got asked to fill in for the buildings and grounds secretary while she was on medical leave. While filling in for those positions, I would often get bored and ask other offices for things to work on (I had already completed the tasks I needed to do for my assigned office). After both secretaries were back, the district kept me working because I proved that I could be useful. "Who are you today?" was a frequent question, and I often had to list at least two names (I think there were a few times when I was food service, buildings and grounds, student accounts, and accounts payable). It made answering the phone an interesting challenge..."Buildings and grounds." "Oh...I asked for food service." "That's me too. One minute while I pull up the right program." :lol:
moon8305

Post by moon8305 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Ok so I just edited my response to this post as I am now officially engaged :D :D :D :D :D
11 : 1 : 0.5 : 0.25 : 0.25
Original Ivory : Glow : Ebony : Buttery Gold : Peach

Charming = very favorite blush (for now :) )
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:56 pm

Congratulations, Moon! That is wonderful! :D
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 am

moon8305 wrote:Ok so I just edited my response to this post as I am now officially engaged

Congrats!!!!

1. Where are you from? Alloway, NJ
2. Where is that exactly? Southwestern portion of the state. Very close to DE, in fact I go to DE at least once a month.
3. Tell us about that state/area! Time to brag! Really???? :o This is NJ. Not much to brag about
4. What decade were you born? 1980's
5. Tell us about a (perhaps completely useless) MAD skill you have! This probably isn't a skill, but I am an absolutely AWESOME bargain shopper! It's unreal how much money I save, especially when saving online, by taking an additional couple of minutes to search for coupon codes, which is something that a lot of people don't think to do. For example, when ordering Christmas presents tonight, I was able to save $10.00, get free shipping, and get an additional $25 off an item by digging around for coupon codes. I ended up saving $35.00! Then when ordering something from the same site for my dad and my boyfriend, I was able to save $10.00, plus get free shipping, which was $12.99. I actually saved $85.00 off of a VS order once this way. I'm proud of my shopping skills!
6. How many languages do you speak? What are they? 1, English.
7. Do you like to travel? Where have you been? Not really. I'm more of a homebody. I've been to FL and every state in between, and Maine and DE.
8. Do you eat breakfast? What do you usually have? Sort of. When i get to work I eat oatmeal or a cereal bar or something along those lines. Occassionally I'll have a bagel breakfast sandwich when my manager goes to the bagel shop for coffee.
9. What are your pet peeves? ooh boy do we really want to go there? Ok, when people use am/pm incorrectly, or add an "s" to the of things, such as saying "Wal-marts" or "Checkings account," people who stand way too close when talking to you (Seinfeld anyone?), when I'm at work people who rapid-fire shoot off questions and don't give me a chance time before they expect answers or who ask for something over the phone and I'm pulling the info up they say "hello?" or "Are you looking at it?" (as if I'd be sitting there twiddling my thumbs!) just because people can't stand a moment of silence, when people lick their fingers before counting money or sorting papers or whatever, people who talk on cell phones in public while doing a transaction or ordering food (I'm a jerk, I always went out of my way to talk to these people as much as possible and with as many words as possible, no matter how unneccasary, to try to out-rude them!), and cole slaw (just the site of it makes me nauseous!), just to name a few. There are many many more though, trust me :D
10. What are your hobbies? Reading, crossword puzzles, crocheting, and chain maille.
11. What got you into mineral makeup in the first place? I have very acne-prone skin, and felt the need to always cover it up with make-up but realized I was only hurting my skin by doing so, so I learned the MMU was a healthier alternative. Plus, in my opinion, it's a lot more affordable.
12. What do you do for a living? I'm an MSR (member service rep) at a credit union
13. How do you personally apply mineral foundation? dry, tap out the minerals in the lid, swirl my brush in, and sweep on, no buffing. May go back to spritzing my brush based on the consistency of SN when I finally receive it.
14. What are your favourite eye shadow colors? I don't have any from here yet except Cyprus Sand which I haven't used, but from EDM it would be Gingerbread Man, 3rd Place, Lucky Penny, and Peach Tree.
15. What are your favourite lip colors? Again I don't have any from here, but from EDM it's Golden Strawberry and Honey Mirage)
16. Are you bad at anything (you can totally say no....everyone knows most SN girls are perfect in every way)? Haha plenty of things.
17. Are you married? What's your favorite thing about your spouse? Not married but might as well be. He's always there for me, and makes me feel beautiful and cherished in every way. I'm lucky.
18. Do you have any kids/pets? No kids, and I don't ever want any, but I have a wonderful fat spoiled rotten cat and three sneaky evil ferrets that I love to death.
19. How many makeup brushes are you using personally? Well, normally just a Fiber Optic brush for primer/finishing powder and a Kabuki for foundation application, but occasionally a blush brush and some eye brushes.
20. What's the strangest job you ever had? I'm going to say the one whole day I worked at Head Start. It's completely weird to me that I received no training, didn't kow how to handle it when the kids were misbehaving which was constantly, still don't understand why the kids weren't disciplined or the parents notified when they HIT TEACHERS AND ASSISANTS (yes, I was hit by one of them!) or kicked and bit each other (sadly yes they did a lot of that, I don't recall that happening when I was their age!) and worst of all at the end of the day, I still only knew a few children by name, I didn't know who did or didn't get on a bus or which one and yet had to take them to their buses, AND was left ALONE with the children who got picked up WITHOUT A LIST OF NAMES OR A SIGNOUT SHEET to make sure they went with the right adult. Is it me or is that a recipe for disaster? Anyone could have walked out with any random children, an estranged parents could have abducted their child... I would have had no way of knowing or preventing it, and yet I would have felt 100% responsible if something bad did happen. It was all so upsetting to me that I called and resigned the very next morning. Good thing I hadn't quite my previous job.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
EtherealJane

Post by EtherealJane » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:43 am

Uhhh, congrats Moon! Details? Perhaps so many it needs its own thread? :D
sunshinegal

Post by sunshinegal » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 am

moon8305 wrote:Ok so I just edited my response to this post as I am now officially engaged :D

ohhh yay! congratulations! :D
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you