Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Jan in ID

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by Jan in ID » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:13 pm

The pics below are of me wearing a 9:1 mix of ivory/ebony, as Jen recommended. How does it look? Thanks

JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 pm

angelstars-
I think adding a little Yellow Booster to your Warm Gold mix might work just fine. Just add about a half scoop at a time to one recipe worth of mix. This way you just add yellow, and not so much in the way of golden and brown.......there is a little peach in Warm Gold, but I am thinking you need a little peach because the Buttery was not quite right.

feyith- The Original has the most silk in it, and this is the main difference. (I have always been a huge fan of the Original foundation.) I am not sure about the glow foundation. While silk is one of the lightest ingredients, I am not sure you will feel like your skin can breathe any less with the medium or glow.

Jan- It looks like a good match. The only thing you might consider is lightening it a little. Maybe 1:10? The tones are spot on....and adjusting the depth is easy.It could also be the shading in the pic. 1:9 might be right.

lisa lovely- I am so glad I could help....and that it worked for you!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
DollDoll

Post by DollDoll » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:01 am

I just wanted to thank you Jen,
I asked a while back what would be a good "light olive" replacment
and you said 6 Ivory to 1 Wasrm Gold (or Buttery) anyway it was a hit
I love it.

Thanks again :)
feyith

Post by feyith » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks for the info, Jen!

My sister is interested in making the switch from BE too. She is a bit darker and more golden toned than me and tans a little more easily. She wears BE Golden Medium in the summer and BE Light during the winter. Should I grab her a Perfect Harmony sample kit too or would she be fine with one of the color-specific full kits (one of the golden)? (I am getting a Peach base for myself that I could share with her too. Her undertones are not as psychotic as mine.)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:40 am

feyith wrote:Thanks for the info, Jen!

My sister is interested in making the switch from BE too. She is a bit darker and more golden toned than me and tans a little more easily. She wears BE Golden Medium in the summer and BE Light during the winter. Should I grab her a Perfect Harmony sample kit too or would she be fine with one of the color-specific full kits (one of the golden)? (I am getting a Peach base for myself that I could share with her too. Her undertones are not as psychotic as mine.)
I think she will be a little easier to match than you. ;)
Golden Medium and Light both fall into the Buttery Gold/Warm Gold area. I usually pass along a kit even to my friends.....I can usually tell what they will be on the spot, but sometimes it is good to have an element of discovery to understand where your undertones fall. It is also good to have the other colors to test on family and friends. ;)
Faves-
StargirlDi

Post by StargirlDi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:03 am

Hi,

I'm new, but I was wondering if I could please get some help. My Perfect Harmony foundation kit is on the way, and this will be my first time trying it out. I usually wear Sephora's Matifying Compact Foundation in Warm Natural, which is a pretty good match, but a little bit orange on me. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.j ... inate=true

My closest EDM match I found was Soft Butter Peach, but it was too light.

I don't know if these pictures are accurate of my skin colour (one is natural light and a bit pale and the other is my crummy camera in a bathroom with flash). I would say I'm probably warmish but light.

Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:55 am

StargirlDi-

I think you should try Warm Gold. The only other that might work is our Peach and it does not come in the kit. I think Warm Gold, though, because it has some yellow and peach. Try it at about a 1:8 ratio. One scoop Warm Gold plus 8 White.
Faves-
StargirlDi

Post by StargirlDi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Thank you! I'm looking forward to giving it a try!
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Any ex-EDM users have the SN equivalent formulas for Golden Light and Beige Light Medium?

My sis uses an equal part mix of them.

TIA! :D
Ryvyan

Post by Ryvyan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:52 am

I use a mix of EDM Buttered Tan and Light Martian as well, and to be honest I'm colour blind when it comes to this :lol: I also use their Peach Color concealer and would like to know a good equivalent (there are a few peaches here but which would be closer in terms of light/dark shades?)

Would appreciate a guide as to what it means when translated into Silk Naturals speak! Thanks <3

p/s: And if it isn't too much, a good substitute for Kaolin Sunlight/NR Med Bronzer/Dusty Miller/Best Friends blush? I probably have enough of these to sustain me for a while but I'm curious and wants to know more! More!! ;)
Liz Lemon: "I want to go to there."