Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
carro

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by carro » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks! :P I´ll try it first thing in the morning. Need the natural light to no what it really looks like!
L8P8

Post by L8P8 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi, I'm new here and are just about ready to make my first order. I will order the perfect harmony foundation sample kit and would like some advise of what blend I should start with. And if I should add peach in my order too.
I have tried MMU from a Swedish company ( I live in Sweden) and their Light Warm (golden/peach according to them) was OK, then I tried EDM and got confused. I think I have tried almost all of their blends and I'm not sure if any of them was OK.
My hair is medium blond naturally but now I color it with a touch of red (henna blend). Most hairdressers I've been to wants to add coppery tones. My eyes are grey but can look more green/grey or green/blue/grey depending on makeup or clothes. Personally I think that bright colors suits me better than earthy colors, but not necessarily cold colors. A warm-red shirt is better than a cold-red. I tan quite easily but can burn if I'm not careful.

I have attached two pictures, one where I'm not wearing makeup and one where I'm using one of those EDM foundations (don't know which). Please help.
No makeup
No makeup
lotta.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
A bit paler in the winter....
A bit paler in the winter....
L8.jpg (133.79 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
CalamityJ

Post by CalamityJ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Jen, I posted a little while ago around christmas. I almost gave up on the mixes, but may have gotten it just before running out of ivory!
Let me know what you think?
Ebony on it's own was too pink. Warm Gold on it's own was way too yellow.
In this photos I mixed about 11to12 ivory + 1Ebony + 1 WarmGold

Any other suggestions are appreciated in terms of blush and bronzer.
Also- is there something like a concealer that is recommended for red marks or hyperpigmentation? I found sometimes when I coveredmy marks with the foundation sometimes they just looked darker.
ps- same makeup on the photos, just different lighting
Thanks!
Maria_Elvira

Post by Maria_Elvira » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 am

Maria_Elvira wrote:Ok so I have purchased a sample kit ( I hope it arrives in the post today :))

But I'm not really sure which colour I am.
I have previously been using EDM Olive medium in summer
and am now using buttered tan for winter...
I have also been using medium beige netural but thought it was a bit too greyish on me...

So suggestions?

The first picutre is in summer when I am more tanned and the second one is in february when I am at my palest :|
And I am not very good at adding pictures as you see :oops: So if it is possible to make them smaller/ minatures and anyone
could perhaps tell me how, that would be great :oops:
Ok so now I have tried the foundation out a couple of days. But i Think it looks a bit greyish on. I cannot put my finger on what is wrong.
How do you think I should proceed frmo here? Thanks for your help :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 am

L8P8-
I think Warm gold will be your best match. For depth, I think 1 scoop color to about 6 white.

CalamityJ-
It looks good!
Try Beach Bunny Bronzer, a sample of Unblush for the redness, and Satisfied or Afterglow blush.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:29 am

Maria_Elvira wrote:
Ok so now I have tried the foundation out a couple of days. But i Think it looks a bit greyish on. I cannot put my finger on what is wrong.
How do you think I should proceed frmo here? Thanks for your help :)
Try addin a scoop of Buttry Gold and maybe one or two more white......I think you need some yellow and it might be too light.
Faves-
carro

Post by carro » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Just wanna say thank you for all your help! I mixed my butterymix with my ebony mix, but not 50/50, more like 2/3 BG and 1/3 ebony, and it looks really good. Still experimenting on wheter I should have 3/4 BG and 1/4 of ebony but it is hard to tell. I have placed a new order with both of them full size so i have plenty to experiment with and I think I finaly soon have my own personal recipie in my hands :D

Not adding another picture, feel I´ve added more than enough :oops: Still wondering though whiche perfecting glow (or maybe dait bait?) you think would be the most flattering on me? Don´t want it too glowy but a nice subltle glow without looking like a tin-man! Suggestions?
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

carro wrote:Just wanna say thank you for all your help! I mixed my butterymix with my ebony mix, but not 50/50, more like 2/3 BG and 1/3 ebony, and it looks really good. Still experimenting on wheter I should have 3/4 BG and 1/4 of ebony but it is hard to tell. I have placed a new order with both of them full size so i have plenty to experiment with and I think I finaly soon have my own personal recipie in my hands :D

Not adding another picture, feel I´ve added more than enough :oops: Still wondering though whiche perfecting glow (or maybe dait bait?) you think would be the most flattering on me? Don´t want it too glowy but a nice subltle glow without looking like a tin-man! Suggestions?
I think Date Bait......
Faves-
princessjo

Post by princessjo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Jen,

I am new to Silk Naturals, I currently am an EDM user but I look forward to joining your customer base! I was just wondering if you can help me with a foundation colour based on this photo that I’ve uploaded. I believe I have warm yellow undertones due to my Asian nationality and my skin is acne prone and oily at the T-zone. Based on this picture, do you think I should get the Warm Gold or Buttery Gold or both? Also what coverage should I get? I am oily at the T-zone, but my cheeks have some acne/scars on them. Your help would be so much appreciated!
me.jpg
me.jpg (38.79 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:10 pm

princessjo wrote:Hi Jen,

I am new to Silk Naturals, I currently am an EDM user but I look forward to joining your customer base! I was just wondering if you can help me with a foundation colour based on this photo that I’ve uploaded. I believe I have warm yellow undertones due to my Asian nationality and my skin is acne prone and oily at the T-zone. Based on this picture, do you think I should get the Warm Gold or Buttery Gold or both? Also what coverage should I get? I am oily at the T-zone, but my cheeks have some acne/scars on them. Your help would be so much appreciated!
I can't quite pick between Warm Gold or Buttry Gold based on the photo. I would sample both. I would start with Medium Coverage if you have the patience to try a few mixes before it is right......the Original is the easiest to match, but I think you will be happier with the Medium.
Faves-