Sari

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
la_canadiense(01)

Re: Sari

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 pm

kookith wrote:Awww I missed out on this GWP!! Bummer....

Just wondering, if I make an order above $30, would I be able to request for past GWPs as my freebie?
that is a great question, and I am curious as to the response. I also missed out on this one and am kicking myself.

anyone have one they don't love??? I have plenty of SN things that don't work for me that I can send to you!!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
JenK

Post by JenK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Trainer,
You can easily wear Crimson during the day. I don't do much w/my eyes b/c of allergies (always rubbing) and being lazy, so I love a bold lip. On me Crimson is more of a red w/pink, not a scream in your face RED.

Today I wore Sari, Poppy and Gleaming for a nice, natural look.

Jen
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:19 am

That sounds so pretty and summery :)
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am

JenK wrote:Trainer,
You can easily wear Crimson during the day. I don't do much w/my eyes b/c of allergies (always rubbing) and being lazy, so I love a bold lip. On me Crimson is more of a red w/pink, not a scream in your face RED.

Today I wore Sari, Poppy and Gleaming for a nice, natural look.

Jen
Jen,
I have been wearing Sari with gleaming too. LOL. Do you have light/med or dark skin? I'm pretty pale with yellowish undertones so I was just afraid it might be too much during the day, but it sounds fun so I am going to get Crimson and try it! Do you have Bitten? If you do, how does it compare. ( I have bitten and it really doesn't seem that sheer to me as it is described in the description)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Trainer wrote: Jen,
I have been wearing Sari with gleaming too. LOL. Do you have light/med or dark skin? I'm pretty pale with yellowish undertones so I was just afraid it might be too much during the day, but it sounds fun so I am going to get Crimson and try it! Do you have Bitten? If you do, how does it compare. ( I have bitten and it really doesn't seem that sheer to me as it is described in the description)
Not Jen, but I own both Bitten and Crimson, and would be happy to compare. I have medium pigmented lips, so Bitten is not very sheer on me either. Comparing it to Crimson, I would say Bitten is a bit cooler and darker than Crimson, which on the other hand has a slight yellowish tint to it, but not orange at all. As a reference, here is a recent pic where you can see my skin tone, and I'm wearing Crimson: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =791557779

When I wear it for daytime, I blot it, so it's more like a tint than full on lipstick.
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Not Jen, but I own both Bitten and Crimson, and would be happy to compare. I have medium pigmented lips, so Bitten is not very sheer on me either. Comparing it to Crimson, I would say Bitten is a bit cooler and darker than Crimson, which on the other hand has a slight yellowish tint to it, but not orange at all. As a reference, here is a recent pic where you can see my skin tone, and I'm wearing Crimson: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... =791557779

When I wear it for daytime, I blot it, so it's more like a tint than full on lipstick.[/quote]

Oh thanks egerandi!! You look gorgeous in that picture and with crimson! I think we have similar coloring but I have brown eyes. I'm going to try it now! Thanks :D
JenK

Post by JenK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Egerandi,
Pretty Picture!! I don't have Bitten b/c I was afraid it would be too sheer and endup w/ the "I ate off 1/2 my lipstick" look. Do you find yourself grabbing one over the other? Wondering of I NEED it too.

Trainer,
I have light skin with slight yellow/golden olive coloring. I have brown eyes, but other than that my coloring looks a lot like Egerandi. I also LOVE Raisin, have you tried it?
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:56 pm

JenK wrote:Egerandi,
Pretty Picture!! I don't have Bitten b/c I was afraid it would be too sheer and endup w/ the "I ate off 1/2 my lipstick" look. Do you find yourself grabbing one over the other? Wondering of I NEED it too.
Weeeeeelllll... It really depends on what I'm wearing :D
I have all the reds that were issues (except for the elusive Casual Red), and the one that gets the most play is Reddy. I reserve Crimson for nighttime for the most part, but that's because I don't really have anything to match it with for the day in the office. When it's daytime casual though, I do use it, as a stain. Reddy matches more of my day outfits, then it's Bitten. Platinum (d/c) is exclusively nighttime, and I don't really wear Hot Blooded, it's too subdued and at the edge of being too warm. All of them are different from each other, and I need them all for my matchings :) I love red, what can I say!

And thank you :)
naughtykittens

Post by naughtykittens » Mon May 03, 2010 11:16 am

I really really hope Sari has a chance of becoming General Catalog. I have fallen for it and need lots more. I finally registered for this forum just so I could beg for it!
heidiv23323

Post by heidiv23323 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 pm

I'd like to beg for Sari to become a part of the regular line :) Please? pretty please? with sugar on top?

:mrgreen: