I need some direction Jen !

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Heidiv

I need some direction Jen !

Post by Heidiv » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:22 pm

It's Heidi from the yahoo addicted to mmu forum.. waving hi ! I've been wanting to try the heavy coverage foundation but am confused as to what to order. Currently I'm using a neutral light-medium (mad) and have no idea what to order for a sample kit (other than the base). Can you offer any help? :)
Thanks bunches!
Rhys

Re: I need some direction Jen !

Post by Rhys » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:40 pm

I'm not Jen, but I think your best bet would be samples of the Ebony and Warm Gold to go with the Ivory base. And do bear in mind that the heavy coverage is - HEAVY. That may be exactly what you're looking for but most girls use it to mix concealer. You might want to consider one step down to medium coverage if you're planning to use it as foundation, though of course it's a matter of personal preference.

And welcome to the forum!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Hey Heidi!
Rhys is exactly right. I am thinking you will probably be an Ebony, but if that isn't quite it, adding a bit of Warm Gold will do it. I am guessing around a 1 dark base to 6 White, maybe a little more white, but not much. I'd try the Heavy White Base and the Medium White Base in samples, plus the samples of Ebony and Warm Gold. You will probably want to order one of the bases in a sample kit which includes a jar and a scoop, or else just order a scoop (they are listed with the empty sifter jars). I know you probably have jars around for mixing.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Heidiv

Post by Heidiv » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the advice!

I am going to order the medium and the heavy as suggested. I'll also go for ebony and warm gold as well. Oh this is going to be FUN ! I've got tons of jars for mixing too :P If the heavy is too heavy, not a big deal as it would be an ideal concealer.

Heidi